Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can we cancel new deal

Options
  • 21-06-2013 8:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

sorry to bother you today

one of the salepersons rep came to my mother's house today

she has signed up to some 'great deal' 

can we cancel it as soon as possible

I can give my mother's name and address if required

I can give you her account number and telephone number if required

Keith Finglas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

ftakeith wrote: »
    sorry to bother you today

one of the salepersons rep came to my mother's house today

she has signed up to some 'great deal' 

can we cancel it as soon as possible

Keith Finglas
    I would say you have 7 days to cancel, thought this may have to be done in writing, get your mother to write a signed letter and have it ready to be posted if that is the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi ftakeith,
    ftakeith wrote:
    one of the salepersons rep came to my mother's house today... can we cancel it as soon as possible

Cancelling the changeover shouldn't be a problem if she no longer wishes to go ahead with it - we can do so if contacted within 7 days of the sign up. However, the only person authorised to cancel the switch is the account holder. 
    ftakeith wrote:

If your mother has given prior permission for you to speak to us about her account on her behalf then you can contact us directly. Otherwise, it would need to be your mother who rings (you can always ring with her, if she needs assistance. We would recommend she has a previous electricity bill/MPRN to hand).

If you would like to investigate our range of offers/priceplans yourself, there is more information here.

Any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    David

Advertisement