Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All european IM races 2013 sold out

Options
  • 21-06-2013 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

Just got an email announcing that "For the first time in the history of IRONMAN Europe all IRONMAN races are sold out!". I bet the marketing team will have a hangover in the morning :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭tinydave

I expect the entry price to rise for next so!
    Supply and demand and all that jazz :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

tinydave wrote: »
    I expect the entry price to rise for next so!
    Supply and demand and all that jazz :(

Sure you can just stay here and do Shadowman next year instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

IM isn't on the cards for me next year, looks like I got out just in time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Topps

Just a quick question how much do one of these "Ironman's" cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Topps wrote: »
    Just a quick question how much do one of these "Ironman's" cost?

I will be entering Frankfurt next week... 495e + booking fee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

mloc123 wrote: »

Frankfurt sold out slower for 2013 than in previous yrs ... 495 plus has been the price for a couple of years now....they open entry up again around xmas. I think that is the most i wud be willing to pay for a euro IM

kingQuez wrote: »
    IM isn't on the cards for me next year, looks like I got out just in time :)

I was addicted to IM. 12 mths sober now. I now attend weekly meetings. Cant see myself going back. Happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Sure you can just stay here and do Shadowman next year instead...

Or Hardman.......I'd rather the Ring Of Kerry as a bike than the beauty spots of Athlone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

:eek:

Does that include flights/accomodation or anything else?

Mr.Fred wrote: »
    :eek:

Does that include flights/accomodation or anything else?

That's just race entry.

• Advertisement

That's just race entry.

Ouch.. :eek: Is that a common entry fee.:(

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Yes. Welcome to the world of Ironman. Empty your pockets as you enter...

Oryx wrote: »
    Yes. Welcome to the world of Ironman. Empty your pockets as you enter...

That's a bit of a world away from me just yet. I better start saving for when (if) I get there though :D

After that you've got transfers, renting/buying a bike box, accommodation for what, at least 4 days? flights...

...then there's all the extra food you'll be eating while doing crazy training etc etc etc

and don't forget to keep a few bob aside for your Ironman tattoo after the event :pac:

and don't forget to keep a few bob aside for your Ironman tattoo after the event :pac:

I'll save a few quid on this one unless I blag my way into Kona. haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

After that you've got transfers, renting/buying a bike box, accommodation for what, at least 4 days? flights...

...then there's all the extra food you'll be eating while doing crazy training etc etc etc

I recon this is the real hidden killer for your bank balance.. over a year it adds up!

kingQuez wrote: »
    I recon this is the real hidden killer for your bank balance.. over a year it adds up!

So true ... This is my 6th season doin tri and i estimate i have spent anywhere between 20-40k when u take into account bikes gear nutrition coaching race entries travel accomodation... (Apologies for going off topic op).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

So true ... This is my 6th season doin tri and i estimate i have spent anywhere between 20-40k when u take into account bikes gear nutrition coaching race entries travel accomodation... (Apologies for going off topic op).

Could be worse. I know people that have spent that on drink/fags and takeaways in the same time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

Could be worse. I know people that have spent that on drink/fags and takeaways in the same time.

I gave up the smokes 3 and 1/2 years ago. Was buying 2 packs a day which added up to €7k a year nearly. I reckon that by the time I do the IM in Frankfurt next year I'll have saved €30k. So when I take out the cost of bikes, race entries, extra food, accomodation etc. etc. etc. I am still squids in.

Still enjoy a few pints and the odd Chinese though, never missed the fags for one minute.

Advertisement