Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a new deasttop

Options
  • 21-06-2013 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

lookin for a good deaktop for games and good ram
    and a 1tb harddrive budget is around 650
    thanks in advence:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 le sigh

Answer these questions. Copy and paste them into a new post and answer them in read or something.

Or if you're back while you still have time to edit your first post, do that.

I reported thread so mod can move here for ya.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Before I move this do you want to go the build yourself route op?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭waxer1986

yoyo wrote: »
    Before I move this do you want to go the build yourself route op?

Nick

was looking at this laptop is it worth 550 euro for playen games

Dell Inspiron™ 17R

Condition: New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
    Type: Laptop Hard Drive Capacity: 1TB Serial ATA (5400RPM) Brand: Dell Operating System: Windows 8 Product Line: Inspiron Operating System Edition: Home Premium 64bit Memory: 4GB (1X4096) 1600MHZ DDR3 Graphics Processing Type: Dedicated Graphics Manufacturer warranty: 1 year Model: 17R Inspiron Processor Type: 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i3-3110M processor MPN: 5720-9181 Processor Speed: 2.4GHz Dedicated Graphics: 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 630M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

If you want to play games then you're better off building your own or getting a desktop built for you with a dedicated GPU. Hardwareversand (5 euro) or OverclockersUK (free) will build a PC for you if you don't want to do it yourself. Although, it's very easy to build your own PC these days. I would not get a laptop for gaming unless you really, really need portability. GPU's on laptops suck unless you're spending a lot of money. 650 would get you a nice budget PC that would blow that Dell out of the water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 le sigh

waxer1986 wrote: »
    1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 630M
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-630M.63761.0.html

Scroll down for game benchmarks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement