Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30th

Options
  • 21-06-2013 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Going dog racing in Harolds X next Friday night and looking for a bar to go afterwards. Its my 30th birthday so want somewhere that 20 people or so will all get in no problem, has music and a late bar. Any recommendations. I don't know the place at all. wouldn't be against heading into town if better options there. McSorleys has been mentioned. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭upforit101

BlueIsland wrote: »
    Going dog racing in Harolds X next Friday night and looking for a bar to go afterwards. Its my 30th birthday so want somewhere that 20 people or so will all get in no problem, has music and a late bar. Any recommendations. I don't know the place at all. wouldn't be against heading into town if better options there. McSorleys has been mentioned. Any ideas?

I'd book the Black sheep - but make sure the group are ok with it being a Bud,carlsberg,Heineken free zone

• Registered Users Posts: 13,880 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Bull & Castle in Christchurch if you want something different. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

upforit101 wrote: »
    I'd book the Black sheep - but make sure the group are ok with it being a Bud,carlsberg,Heineken free zone

Well, Against the Grain is essentially the same pub and is much closer...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Birneybau wrote: »
    Well, Against the Grain is essentially the same pub and is much closer...

Really good spot, but for music & a late bar, pop across the road to Whelans. The beer isn't (nearly) as good but it's open a later.

Advertisement