Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 19 League & Cup - Chat & Updates

Options
  • 21-06-2013 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭

Time to crank up the Season 19 thread!

Best of luck to everyone in cup and league.

As is tradition, feel free to throw down your expectations and plans for the coming season.

I'll start sure: Hoping to avoid auto-relegation back down to Div III, while letting some of my older first team players go free and bloodying the young lads. I expect it's going to be really tough judging by the league, but a lot more fun than last season. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Just bought 4 new players in the hope of boosting my chances of staying out of autorelegation positions in Div 2 (BR & Boards leagues :D )

Paid crazy amount for 3 of them (high & low)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Really excited by this season, always like to set out new goals for a new season.

It's especially exciting following promotion, but this season my number one goal is to avoid relegation and try to establish myself as a lower / mid table div III team and try to have relative safety in the league before looking to build on that.

It'll be a big ask though, it's always a big step up being promoted, no matter your level, so hope I can hang on!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

I have a tough season ahead of me...

Planning on staying up in the league(Poland Div I) this season, but I don't think it will be easy. I also have 4 youths coming out of the academy so I'm hoping to be able to sell on 2, maybe even 3 of them, and train at least 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

daheff wrote: »
    Just bought 4 new players in the hope of boosting my chances of staying out of autorelegation positions in Div 2 (BR & Boards leagues :D )

Paid crazy amount for 3 of them (high & low)!

It's funny that you will be using Killarney's players against him (and me)! Jacob Blackie could be a steal..
    With the new additions, the league looks significantly harder this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Missed out on playoffs by points difference last season, lost to a promoted team twice and no idea how. Beat teams above me. 2 new teams in league are whipping boys so hopefully I can keep progressing, will have 3 potential u20 players coming out of the academy in key positions I am weak at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

my irish side the dannys look like the team in the best shape to do well could get 4th in my div.3 league which would be excellent. longer in the cup the better. NCWrfc could get 4th of finish 7th very tight in middle part with one of the promotion teams looking stronger than most only hope is 2-3 teams are pushing on in age. hoping for rd5-6 in both cups.

Have 4 trainees coming out of my irish lowest kicking is 10 of the can only train 1 hopefully the other 3 will make a bit of grade being sold

crisco10 wrote: »
    It's funny that you will be using Killarney's players against him (and me)! Jacob Blackie could be a steal..
    With the new additions, the league looks significantly harder this year!

i know..it'd be ironic if he scored a try against them. Really surprised how cheap the two killareny guys were!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

After getting relegated back to Div3 my contentment level is 11- and my Div4 league is just me and 7 bots! Its going to be a looong season:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Div II in Hong Kong is like div III in ireland, except way more prize money :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

First season in Div I Canada about to begin, just staying up is a priority so I'll be selective with my targets, lol trying to pick my targets is now the interesting one as I suspect I'll have a target on my back due to my non community interaction in my few seasons here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

daheff wrote: »
    i know..it'd be ironic if he scored a try against them. Really surprised how cheap the two killareny guys were!

Ah for Fudgington T. Bear sake! You're upgrading! Now I have to upgrade to keep up! This is why the market goes so loco :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Time to set worst team possible for cup games! New season begins... No upgrades yet unfortunately. Tough to find a deal on the market! Think I'll go the training route and hang on in there av season or two!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gidea

These new skill bars are pretty ugly, Much prefered the old ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

I like that the are smaller and I like the energy bar but I want my colours back

Phonehead wrote: »
    I like that the are smaller and I like the energy bar but I want my colours back

Colours were much better!

Don't like these new updates at all. Why do I need to know the word associated with the number? Takes up too much real estate. And the colours were such an effective guide. It's as if they've gone back to the way they originally envisioned it before release.
    Is there anywhere they talk through their thinking on these aspects? This seems pretty woeful, except maybe if it was done for a mobile device type reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Given the outcry on the suggestion forum I'd say there's a good chance we'll get some colour back before long.

Love the pressure bar.

crisco10 wrote: »
    Love the pressure bar.

Think I need to upgrade for that.

Speaking of which, what the hell is paysafecard and why do I have to use it? Just a new cost effective version of paypal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

You should be able to still use paypal no?

• Advertisement

mar-z wrote: »
    You should be able to still use paypal no?

Doesn't seem like it. I click on the premium package I want and it brings me straight to paysafecard, with no option that I can see to go elsewhere :(

Nevermind. It's a completely different button rather than an option within the button. Silly me.

Totes only buying one season. That's how confident I am of avoiding relegation :) No need for fancy stats down in Div 3.

Most frustrating first match I've ever seen...

I'm beating myself, regardless of the opposition. Every time I get the ball I either drop it or do some stupid foul. Normal aggression, so I've no idea what I can do to change this situation. Seems like the lads just got into the big leagues and then shat themselves. :mad:

I hear ya Fewi. My boys got our a$$es handed to them today. On paper we had (CSR at least) a better team, and the bad news....I have to play him again on thursday in the Boards league :(

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

I think there is a bug in the juniors games. I just check the stars on my junior game (i know but i'm in work and bored) and i can see the scores, stars and stat's etc for the junior game. Not the actual score on the score board but everything else. Checked another junior game and same thing. Did they change some thing
    Image below of scorers (let me know if you can't view it. )
    I'll check after the game and see if it is the same

score10.png

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Oh :( I got absolutely hammered yesterday...

Got carried away and thought I could pull of an early season upset against the number one team, and threw out a LTNT. Ended up losing 63-0 against a normal.

satory wrote: »

Got carried away and thought I could pull of an early season upset against the number one team, and threw out a LTNT. Ended up losing 63-0 against a normal.

Hah, it's all about the season start TNT. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

satory wrote: »

If it makes you feel any better one of my divisions new teams threw a LTNT at my WNWIM. He lost 97-0. I was disappointed not to make the 100. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

If it makes you feel any better, my new leagues top team for some reason eye balled me as a potential threat (i've been making some decent signings to make sure I stay up), he probably thought I was going to try and make a statement in my first game, but instead I threw out half a team of under 20k CSR's (just crappy salary saver players) and played WNWIM whilst he threw out his best team LTNT, I think he beat me by over 100 points...over kill much? :D

Obviously I did this as the league is extremely tight (looks like everyone LTNT in first round) and I was away to the best team in the league, so completely threw it as I'm targetting other games, and should have a half decent energy advantage already :)

On a side note, how does this pressure bar work / effect the game?

I like the new bars, but think the colour should definitely have been kept. It's good to clean it up, but the all green makes it seriously more difficult to deceifer skills since you're used to the old ones, and annoyingly, I was just getting good enough to have players hitting brown and above skills, and now always got excited by the change in tint and aimed to have players into a new colour tone, now that's gone right before I ever get a chance to build a players into purples etc! :D

[Jackass] wrote: »
    On a side note, how does this pressure bar work / effect the game?

Answered up in the Q&A (I was also curious.)

Don't think it affects the game, more so that it illustrates what's going on in the ME.

Pretty good plan with the first round dive, now you've got a clear advantage.

I'm hoping my 2nds will allow me to attain similar energy advantages, which I'll need badly.

• Advertisement

FewFew wrote: »

I'm hoping my 2nds will allow me to attain similar energy advantages, which I'll need badly.

Ah ha...I knew it! Now I know your dastardly plan.

Must start working on mine...hope to have it finalised around about Round 15:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement