Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 19 League & Cup - Chat & Updates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

daheff wrote: »
    Ah ha...I knew it! Now I know your dastardly plan.

Must start working on mine...hope to have it finalised around about Round 15:D

Ah it's well known that I'm a fool who has a 1 and 2 XV. Most would advise against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

FewFew wrote: »
    Ah it's well known that I'm a fool who has a 1 and 2 XV. Most would advise against it.

I can barely afford 22...not to mind 30! Me and my big spending ways

I need a reasonable cup run to stay afloat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

163-0 and 25 tries. I think thats a new record for me against a bot.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gidea

Checked my lineup for tomorrow's game, only to realise that I have been playing bots LTNT the last two rounds :o

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

Gidea wrote: »
    Checked my lineup for tomorrow's game, only to realise that I have been playing bots LTNT the last two rounds :o

ahahahahaha . . . . lol

wait i know your experience manager i just cant remember who?

• Advertisement

Hope you got some record scores :)

seanand wrote: »
    ahahahahaha . . . . lol

wait i know your experience manager i just cant remember who?

Bossa for Gideans, just a new account for boards!

Hope you got some record scores :)

Haha thats the thing i've scored higher WNWIM

Haha thats the thing i've scored higher WNWIM

Those tricksy bots!

Ugh, was up against Batai Bulldogs and he scored a nice bot-esque win over me. Beast of a team it seems. Certainly doesn't look like I'm going to have any luck over my fellow promotees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Gave Ormond an awful spanking at the weekend so got some revenge for last season. Nothing but auto promotion to div 1 this season will be a failure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

You have some side Johnny and with your new tactics deployed I can't see many teams beating you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I just had a look at the finances page and my weekly deficit has gone up by 30,000 compared to last season. 'Can't i have more sponsors please'.:mad:

put out my B team @ normal. Fight club 48ers played normal too...and kick the bejaysus out of my team... 106-0 :( absolutely annihilated

bye bye cup for another season

at least my affiliate won and I can dream on with them:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

4th round and I get Mauling Bear. ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

crisco10 wrote: »

im in the same boat, i got simpletons. bit early to be getting a team of that quality.

Ouch
    im in the same boat, i got simpletons. bit early to be getting a team of that quality.

And ouch again.

Got a young Div IV side. It's like the one season I'm prepared to have no cup run is the very season the luck monkeys shine on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I got drawn with a pretty decent team by my standards, the type of game that would come down to who's willing to use up the most energy!

To be honest, I'd love to get someone like Ruffians away ... obviously for the pay day, but if you're going to go out, might as well do it in style! :D

[Jackass] wrote: »
    I got drawn with a pretty decent team by my standards, the type of game that would come down to who's willing to use up the most energy!

To be honest, I'd love to get someone like Ruffians away ... obviously for the pay day, but if you're going to go out, might as well do it in style! :D

That's it, plus sometimes they rate you so lowly that they throw out a silly team and you can steal the win. Think my 2nd most successful cup run was from Div IV, just because some Div 2 team threw on some salary savers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Ha Ha wrt your 2nd paragraph as ive Ruffians away next round. Wonder how much i'l lose by...

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

I got Ormond in the next rd of the cup so no cup run this year. To make matters worse I'm at home and he has a much bigger stadium :( ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

wasted a ltnt on a game i could of won on normal easily. they beat me twice last year and was reason i missed out on 2nd spot so wanted to guarantee a win. sigh. tough cup game and another rival next week. makings of my season this week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

home from Oz and i'm in relegation zone in league! :(

was setting team barely while away, tossing few players in and out to try kep them fresh and hitting ltnt to try and over come zero tactical analysis... ah well!

11 more games to get into top 4!

Based on pre-match stars, looks like I may be heading for round 5 and the last 64 of the cup for the first time! Would be delighted if I do, and pray for a good draw!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

Based on pre-match stars, looks like I may be heading for round 5 and the last 64 of the cup for the first time! Would be delighted if I do, and pray for a good draw!

my irish team will be doing the same, 2nd time ever prob get someone like ruff in the next round

Well I played "normal" in cup game and hammered him 60 odd nil, so should have gone WNWIM, and also drew a division 1 team in next round, so not the best day ever! :D

At least should be a good pay day, but that's the end of the cup for another season. Would have loved to have gone a round or two further, but maybe next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

won on normal got a chance in next round

my affiliate won on normal too. Into last 32...but dont think i've got a chance

Won on WNWIM... by 105 or so to 0. Used classic greyhound tactics. Maybe there's more to be said for 25/25/25/25 than I thought :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Won on WNWIM... by 105 or so to 0. Used classic greyhound tactics. Maybe there's more to be said for 25/25/25/25 than I thought :pac:

Think the cup draw probably helped more than Gh tactics. :P I see you have Stade Mudflingers next up, very winnable game that!

Managed to sneak past Mauling Bear on normal, and my reward for that is a 6 week old Div IV team....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Think the cup draw probably helped more than Gh tactics. :P I see you have Stade Mudflingers next up, very winnable game that!

Managed to sneak past Mauling Bear on normal, and my reward for that is a 6 week old Div IV team....

jammy bugger!!

Won last night on WNWIM... fine score of 0-124! in a paltry 5k seater - basically zero income and not a dent in my losses for an away week! :(

next up I have a division 4 team I'm away to again with their highest CSR player at 17k!!:D guaranteed to be another small income week:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement