Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 19 League & Cup - Chat & Updates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

crisco10 wrote: »
    Think the cup draw probably helped more than Gh tactics. :P I see you have Stade Mudflingers next up, very winnable game that!

Managed to sneak past Mauling Bear on normal, and my reward for that is a 6 week old Div IV team....

Yeah well the cup draw was an easy one... but the bot score was surely down to the GH magic!

Have to play GH in a week or two, so may give him a taste of his own even split kablamo!

A Div IV team still? Lucky dawg! Yeah, Mudflingers look quite beatable, didn't have Bogwarriors down as one of my teams-to-beat, so may throw that sucker, go into Mudflingers on full energy and devour them. Nyom. Sweet victory!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Anyone else think the pressure bar is a bit sh*t?

Eg, i had the ball, pressure was only 2% and i still scored a try.

It seems like it has no bearing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

im winning
    Don't you love it when you roll over and end up winning hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Anyone else think the pressure bar is a bit sh*t?

Eg, i had the ball, pressure was only 2% and i still scored a try.

It seems like it has no bearing really.

Yeah i had 60 odd per cent pressure after 5 phases next thing i know i'm turned over. Don't really pay attention to it tbh

Sure, I think it was Seannad who said, "the scores decided the minute the tactics are locked in." This pressure bar lark tis pure nonsense.

Got my first win of the season! 5 points on the Div II board! I did it mostly to spite GH, who said I probably wouldn't be in Div II next season thanks to not having scored in the first three matches. He doesn't mince his words, tis true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

FewFew wrote: »
    Sure, I think it was Seannad who said, "the scores decided the minute the tactics are locked in." This pressure bar lark tis pure nonsense.

Got my first win of the season! 5 points on the Div II board! I did it mostly to spite GH, who said I probably wouldn't be in Div II next season thanks to not having scored in the first three matches. He doesn't mince his words, tis true.

wish daheff had beaten him..would have been nice...:D

Good work today...was annoyed myself to throw a 15-0 halftime lead away, but at lease Eire LTNT'ed my normal.

It's a tight league to be sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Good work today...was annoyed myself to throw a 15-0 halftime lead away, but at lease Eire LTNT'ed my normal.

I didnt get a chance to login to set my team beforehand (ended up having the dregs on the bench which came on for my 4 injuries). i was 13-6 up with 9 mins to go...gutted i didnt hold out :mad:

league is tight...anyone of 4 /5 could go down automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

now that I am back in Ireland, first league win of season and lifted out of relegation zone!

thought I would win by more and looking at stats I feel I should have, ah well one of those games!

It either means that GH isn't as invincible as he lets on, or Daheff has a far superior team than I was hoping for :pac:

Scary scary league.

It either means that GH isn't as invincible as he lets on, or Daheff has a far superior team than I was hoping for :pac:

Scary scary league.

I reckon its GH isnt as invincible as he lets on. And his team is always dropping in CSR...so come the business end of the season he'll be more & more vulnerable.

• Advertisement

daheff wrote: »
    I reckon its GH isnt as invincible as he lets on. And his team is always dropping in CSR...so come the business end of the season he'll be more & more vulnerable.

If he ends up getting stuck in Div II with us again, I reckon we should be all like "How do ya like them apples?!" and then the other one is all "Apple Sauce, Bitch!"
    and yeah, it's perfectly set for a movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

cup night haven't looked forward to a cup match so much before first 50/50 match i ever had in the comp

I have successfully rolled over.

In hindsight, he might have also planned to rollover, so going wnwim AND nerfing my tactics (80% png stylee) was probably silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

TBH, I'm not sure the last time I was able to beat you playing Normal. Maybe a Thursday match but not league play. You have my number there.

We need to get GH and IrishWarriors in her to make it a big league love-up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Getting a nice enough run through this cup campaign so far. Makes a change.

Some tasty draws for round 6 Polk V Deise, Fight Club V Ruffians.

corny wrote: »
    Getting a nice enough run through this cup campaign so far. Makes a change.

Indeed! the real question is can anyone beat Ruff?!

Having b!tched about the draw in R3 when I got Mauling Bear, I have now gotten 2 alright draws...This latest team is funny. Balckout really accomodates all kinds of manager.

He has been in the game since 2011, plays in a friendly tournament and logged in yesterday so seems to care, he has 49 players in his squad with a highest CSR of 40k..His wage bill must be pretty massive, by my calcs it would be about 400k per week which is pretty much the same as mine, but he has 23 more players!

corny wrote: »

Not looking forward to that game. He's got a good team, my cup run will probably end next wednesday bah!

He has been in the game since 2011, plays in a friendly tournament and logged in yesterday so seems to care, he has 49 players in his squad with a highest CSR of 40k..His wage bill must be pretty massive, by my calcs it would be about 400k per week which is pretty much the same as mine, but he has 23 more players!

It's ok, I'm pretty sure only 15 of them will be on the pitch. I'd count lineouts though, just in case :)

Ah, I hope someone beats Ruff. Not because I want to see Ruff lose, but because I think he needs something to keep him interested in the game. He's been kinda unbeaten ultimate victor for a while now.

Ah, I hope someone beats Ruff. Not because I want to see Ruff lose, but because I think he needs something to keep him interested in the game. He's been kinda unbeaten ultimate victor for a while now.

Cream of the crop can beat him if they would only log in more then once every few weeks and show some interest in the game.

• Advertisement

Hard luck today fewy! Funny old league and your are getting very "few" breaks!

Tis a funny league. Was full sure I'd take a beating from Battai today....but got away with a bonus point win.

Fewi - you dont seem to be able to catch a break...still theres always next week....you seem to have the measure of my boys.

Ah, don't even talk to me, I forgot to set my tactics, and you definitely aren't on my "teams I might take" list, despite boards league luck. Was going to either WNWIM you or go for some insane tactics. In the end I just went out on default and sucked.
    daheff wrote: »
    Tis a funny league. Was full sure I'd take a beating from Battai today....but got away with a bonus point win.

Fewi - you dont seem to be able to catch a break...still theres always next week....you seem to have the measure of my boys.

Ah, maybe I once had the measure of your lads, but now you've bought in some bigger boys who have catapulted you to new heights.

With your defeat of Batai they're now on the "must win" list in order to get another team below me. Of course, soon Bogwarriors will swing back into action and all plans will be kaput.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

accidently put newly promoted fullback/wing/outhalf in secondrow for cup match probably fecked up slim chance :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Huge screw up tonight. Playing Effluo in the cup and have a randomer in as my replacement kicker, instead of my second kicker who is now still on the pitch, playing outhalf, but not doing any of the kicking Grrrr :mad:

Ah lads, ye're having no luck at all tonight.

Well tonights game was an awful let down in a fantastic way. Hammered Deise 45-0. Happy days!

Great, I've been rewarded with an away game against Apoel. Fecking disaster.

Great, I've been rewarded with an away game against Apoel. Fecking disaster.

Ah sure ya destroyed poor Deise, sure you can make it two on the trot. I belieb!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

lol so close

eire what the f?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement