Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 19 League & Cup - Chat & Updates

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

eoferrall wrote: »
    PLAN!!

ugh just dropped over a million on an average player. better get training to get value!

hate when I get caught in a bidding war! :o

I never ever back down. Unless it's over two days and I sober up at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

FewFew wrote: »
    We just have to get him reeeeeeeeally drunk and then start with the smack talk. He'll soon reveal all :D

Woohoo going on the beer with the lads!

Well, every other forums has a beers... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Well, every other forums has a beers... :D

Whose from Dublin (or Galway or Cork etc)here? I think we are fairly dispersed around the country? makes one a bit difficult!

Though I have noted a few in the same region as me competing for that coveted #1!!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

jj1 wrote: »
    Lost 26-36 at home to the 2nd placed team in my Division 3 league. Got 4 tries so got something but the damn TMO turned me down 3 times in a 5 minute spell with 10 minutes to go.

Also went with aggressive discipline for the first time & lost the penalty count 14-6. Probably didn't help me.

I've shipped a couple of hidings but halfway through & division 3 is more fun than Div 4. Division 4 only had 2 or 3 other teams in it whereas now there is 7 of us & one Bot. Probably enjoying the season a bit more cause of the Boards League as well. Winning a few games in that at least.

join a monday league and really fill out your week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭crisco10

Whose from Dublin (or Galway or Cork etc)here? I think we are fairly dispersed around the country? makes one a bit difficult!

Though I have noted a few in the same region as me competing for that coveted #1!!

Don't mention the war. not happy with slipping off 1st place...

crisco10 wrote: »
    Don't mention the war. not happy with slipping off 1st place...

I'm back above Vit G and Bluestorm, so I'm happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Blackout beers!

How does Sydney suit everyone? I'd even be willing to travel an hour or two if needs be :D

Gelio wrote: »
    Blackout beers!

How does Sydney suit everyone? I'd even be willing to travel an hour or two if needs be :D

Suited me about a month ago! :pac:

Suited me about a month ago! :pac:

Classic Gelio, always comin' up with the good ideas about like a month late :rolleyes:

Although now the Hong Kong move makes sense :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭jj1

Blackout beers!

Meet halfway? Camping in the Nullarbor it is!

jj1 wrote: »
    Meet halfway? Camping in the Nullarbor it is!

Had to google that one. Nearly uninhabitable base camp it is! :D

Had to google that one. Nearly uninhabitable base camp it is! :D

BYOB.... and food and survivial kit!!

Four guys in a desert with a laptop . . . sounds like my kinda party

Excellent, who's bringing the banjo & can someone pick me up, my cars out of action.

Bah! Wasted a TNT on Batai and absolutely crushed them. Should have been confident that my normal could do it due to home advantage and their weary team, but I've never beaten them before this so went all out. It's all getting very close in the league, to the point where I really needed that wasted energy! :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I was sweating bullets for tonight's semi cause i took a big chance going with Normal. Thankfully it paid off and now i have my best chance at beating the Ruffians. My second final in a row against the same opposition, history repeating.

I was sweating bullets for tonight's semi cause i took a big chance going with Normal. Thankfully it paid off and now i have my best chance at beating the Ruffians. My second final in a row against the same opposition, history repeating.

Well done! And going by his interview, it will be the last chance you get at him!

Well done! And going by his interview, it will be the last chance you get at him!

Is Ruff disappearing? :(

Is Ruff disappearing? :(

Yup...

Yup, I'm retiring in 6 weeks win or lose... Minds made up. With respect to my rivals I'd rather go out on a loss as at least then someone is worthy to carry on as National Champ... I wont make it easy but this season should well be it.

• Advertisement

Jesus, I cant believe a randomer giving up a free online game can be this saddening :(

Jesus, I cant believe a randomer giving up a free online game can be this saddening :(

It's very true. Odd how sentiment is attached to things. Definitely weakens the nation to see our best give it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

is he quiting completely or just selling and saving up or what?

seanand wrote: »
    is he quiting completely or just selling and saving up or what?

Wowsers, 10 leagues in a row & 5 cups. I wonder is he sulking cause Deise beat him last week & overtook him?

I'd say if you win 10 leagues, you might feel like there is nothing left to win. It might be more fun to start up again. That theory is mainly based on my CM experience as a child.

35-0 up against MWSAG with only 5 minutes left.

I'm not gonna lie, this is a direct result of winning in the Boards League on Thursday. The lads wanted payback.

35-0 up against MWSAG with only 5 minutes left.

I'm not gonna lie, this is a direct result of winning in the Boards League on Thursday. The lads wanted payback.

Intensity mismatch probably helped too. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭greyhound1973

well Monivea win again away from home too against killarney ,looks like we are unstoppable:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

the Danny's

Serious prob the best season I've ever had in the game and its my affiliate doing what a season

Intensity mismatch probably helped too. ;-)

You're telling me, totes wasted that TNT :(

• Advertisement

seanand wrote: »
    the Danny's

Serious prob the best season I've ever had in the game and its my affiliate doing what a season

It's all going to fall off a cliff for you at "The Witch's Kitchen" next Saturday night!

Got my win against my rival Rebel Devils today so with the bot to play I think I might have enough done to get 6th place & avoid the auto drop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement