Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 19 League & Cup - Chat & Updates

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Season is going great for me, up to 3rd in my league, which hopefully I will be able to hold on to and finish in the top 3 in the play-offs. Could use the extra windfall also.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

jj1 wrote: »
    It's all going to fall off a cliff for you at "The Witch's Kitchen" next Saturday night!

Got my win against my rival Rebel Devils today so with the bot to play I think I might have enough done to get 6th place & avoid the auto drop.
    I don't know about that but hopefully another wnwnm win for me hehe, another win for you should do it, 20 pts is usually what I call safe

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭jj1

seanand wrote: »
    I don't know about that but hopefully another wnwnm win for me hehe, another win for you should do it, 20 pts is usually what I call safe

You are having some season in fairness but Greystones will be hard to beat in the playoffs. Some gap between top 4 teams & the next 3 but it's still been a good league because the 2 mini-leagues within it have been close.

jj1 wrote: »
    You are having some season in fairness but Greystones will be hard to beat in the playoffs. Some gap between top 4 teams & the next 3 but it's still been a good league because the 2 mini-leagues within it have been close.

i dont know man i didnt think id beat any of the top 3 so im very happy, i taught it be between me and corrashesk for 4th, i finished 6th last season like so big improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

5 ltnts in my league today. Times are getting tight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

crisco10 wrote: »
    5 ltnts in my league today. Times are getting tight!

No way? Really!? Hah! Things really are tight!

Did an analysis for my own scheming...

Monivea - So far untouchable on top. A ranking point off auto promote, a slip up could be the the difference between Cream of the Crop or Louisburgh Rugby at home. With Irish Warriors and Battai both looking to improve their positions, the next two weeks could see the giants topple, though more so from Battai's final stand than Irish Warriors.

Front Row Fairies - A win against CSDS will largely secure them 2nd, but even a loss wouldn't cripple their hopes as they take on MWSAG in the final match. As 2nd take on 3rd in the play-offs, each side will have to take energy into consideration, making it a whole mess of fun.

MWSAG - Tough two matches ahead with back to back away fixtures. Bogwarriors will 100% be relegated if they lose the first one, and the second could either be the decider of 2nd place, or an uncontested for 3rd.

Irish Warriors - In theory they could take 2nd, but it would take back to back bonus wins and FRF only securing a standard win over MWSAG. 10 more points on the board is doubtful, with a match against Monivea and then away to a possibly desperate CSDS.

CSDS - After today's must-win match against Bogwarriors, CSDS are weary with a lot still to do. Two wins are needed for real security, but the pressures on the bottom means one win may realistically do the trick. Both upcoming matches are home, but against teams jostling for position in the play-offs.

Killarney - Two home matches against the bottom two teams. On previous results you'd bet on Killarney having back-to-back wins, but after an unsuccessful TNT against MWSAG and both opponents needing wins or face relegation, this will be an unpredictable few games. Killarney could realistically get into the play-offs, but doing so while keeping enough energy to be a threat may prove tricky.

Battai - They're in a tough position. They need to beat Killarney away in order to make space in the qualifier zone, but in order to achieve real security they'll have to beat Monivea. There's a possibility of two wins, with Killarney managing energy and Monivea heading towards comfort at the end of an unbeaten season.

Bogwarriors - Need two wins to avoid relegation, but even that relies on Killarney and CSDS picking up no wins. Possible, but unlikely, with Bogwarriors visiting Killarney in the final match.

Also...

NUMBER 1 IN REGION!

Finally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

took an awful spanking for my loss this weekend. forgot to select the team. would have chenged the team too much but the ltnt button would have been pressed for a must win game. :(

will be tight to sneak into the top 4 now, but even still hopefully win qualifier and stay up... getting relegated in boards league for first time ever is sickening enough! :p

eoferrall wrote: »
    took an awful spanking for my loss this weekend. forgot to select the team. would have chenged the team too much but the ltnt button would have been pressed for a must win game. :(

will be tight to sneak into the top 4 now, but even still hopefully win qualifier and stay up... getting relegated in boards league for first time ever is sickening enough! :p

First I take your region spot, then I take your Boards league spot! Wuhahahahahahaha!

(Saying that, I probably need to check the latest boards standings to see if I'm in the top two)

All in all, pretty happy with things. Have wrapped up Boards Div V title, and have had a good second attempt in Div 3 after being relegated on my first attempt and being promoted again, I've made the play-offs on the first attmpt in this Div III, realistically playing for the 3rd spot trophy, but not a bad starting point.

It might be my home for the next couple of season depending on how much I can progress the club and the squad, but at least I feel like a safe Div III team now, with medium term asparations at becoming one of the stronger DIV III teams in genuine contention for promotion again in a couple of seasons.

Every season is a bulding season for, but some good young players getting to the level they need to be at and some oul fellas to move on, in a season or two I hope to have a strong enough squad to be contendors.

In the mean time, I might try and climb another division in the boards leagues while I'm at it! All very ambitious stuff! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

[Jackass] wrote: »
    All in all, pretty happy with things. Have wrapped up Boards Div V title, and have had a good second attempt in Div 3 after being relegated on my first attempt and being promoted again, I've made the play-offs on the first attmpt in this Div III, realistically playing for the 3rd spot trophy, but not a bad starting point.

It might be my home for the next couple of season depending on how much I can progress the club and the squad, but at least I feel like a safe Div III team now, with medium term asparations at becoming one of the stronger DIV III teams in genuine contention for promotion again in a couple of seasons.

Every season is a bulding season for, but some good young players getting to the level they need to be at and some oul fellas to move on, in a season or two I hope to have a strong enough squad to be contendors.

In the mean time, I might try and climb another division in the boards leagues while I'm at it! All very ambitious stuff! :D

Yeah were a nice lot in III.2 :D
    Need to make sure I stay in playoffs this season, far from the heights of winning III.2 last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

i,m top of my league in div 4 but not guaranteed to win bosher improving all the time even then if i go up it will be my third time previous times went into brutal leagues with no chance to survive your, league was a bunch of pussycats compared with the monsters i had to deal with but good luck to you

league table
    ah well nearly made 2nd pity :(

just have to make the playoffs count

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Well I managed to secure a non automatic relegation place this weekend, 2 victories in my last 2 has given me at least a playoff to maintain my Div I status. It's been fun in one way, picking battles and knowing some games are life and death but then there's the 2 weeks in a row where you bend over and get tonked by the big guys. I also find there is no interaction between managers so the season just goes and nobody talks

Tight league table!
    pxq9.jpg

It's weird, it's been a really tight season but all of a sudden the playoffs are locked down!

Funny to try and figure out how BR calculated 2nd/3rd and 4th!

first its head to head anyway crisco

Yeah, Irish Warriors must have a better head to head against both MWSAG and Front Row Farries, and MWSAG must have a better head to head over Front Row Faries also.

Considering it's the difference between a home semi and away semi and avoiding Moneiva, it's a pretty crucial head to head! Must have been a fun league!

Yeah, Irish Warriors must have a better head to head against both MWSAG and Front Row Farries, and MWSAG must have a better head to head over Front Row Faries also.

Considering it's the difference between a home semi and away semi and avoiding Moneiva, it's a pretty crucial head to head! Must have been a fun league!

Haha, but Irishwarriors don't have a better head to head. Daheff described it thus in the clubrooms:
    Daheff wrote:
    2nd has won 1 & lost 1 vs 3rd & 4th (but is behind on agg of the games)
    3rd has won 1 & lost 1 vs 2nd (but ahead on agg of games) & beaten 4th
    4th has won 1 & lost 1 vs 2nd (but ahead on agg of games) & lost to 3rd

He raised the query in the clubrooms and hasn't really got an answer!

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/global.clubrooms.php#conversation=50706&z=5526

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to know before the weekend.

Sounds like Warriors should be 4th then, with the other two moving up one spot?

I'd query it with Blackout Rugby if I was one of the teams (not Warriors! :pac:) but it might not matter after the final round of games?

is it most recent league game so, not really sure tbh.

still does look like a fun but tough league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

:pac:) but it might not matter after the final round of games?

it doesnt really matter at the end of the day as FRF (me) plays MWSG (crisco) so one of the 3 teams will have at least 39 points. Then its head to head with the other team on 35 points (if Irishwarriors dont win) or its (possibly) head to head with irishwarriors on 39/40 points if they do win. Either way Irishwarriors can only come 2nd if they get a bonus point win and winner of FRF v MWSG doesnt.

OOOOh its so exciting :D

Still though I'd really like to know how this works.
    My view is that head to head can only seperate 3rd & 4th, but not 2nd & 3rd or 2nd & 4th, so then head to head shouldnt be counted and it should go to the next criteria for ranking (points difference).

A bug was raised in the bugs lounge too as a U20 league had different way of ranking teams
    http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/global.clubrooms.php#conversation=50722&z=7523

Phonehead wrote: »
    Well I managed to secure a non automatic relegation place this weekend, 2 victories in my last 2 has given me at least a playoff to maintain my Div I status. It's been fun in one way, picking battles and knowing some games are life and death but then there's the 2 weeks in a row where you bend over and get tonked by the big guys. I also find there is no interaction between managers so the season just goes and nobody talks

You may have to play Monivea so.
    daheff wrote: »
    it doesnt really matter at the end of the day as FRF (me) plays MWSG (crisco) so one of the 3 teams will have at least 39 points. Then its head to head with the other team on 35 points (if Irishwarriors dont win) or its (possibly) head to head with irishwarriors on 39/40 points if they do win. Either way Irishwarriors can only come 2nd if they get a bonus point win and winner of FRF v MWSG doesnt.

OOOOh its so exciting :D

Still though I'd really like to know how this works.
    My view is that head to head can only seperate 3rd & 4th, but not 2nd & 3rd or 2nd & 4th, so then head to head shouldnt be counted and it should go to the next criteria for ranking (points difference).

A bug was raised in the bugs lounge too as a U20 league had different way of ranking teams
    http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/global.clubrooms.php#conversation=50722&z=7523

They're totes not going to win. I wonder will they compete even. Cause they know I have nothing to holdback for and I'm at home. Burning a precious TNT before the qualifiers that they definitely have (combined with their proven ability to beat Monivea) makes me wonder. I've no need of options, it's 1sts TNT regardless :D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭greyhound1973

lads ye are really looking at every angle for the play-offs but to be honest does it really matter because at the end of the day monivea has this league in the bag already:p

lads ye are really looking at every angle for the play-offs but to be honest does it really matter because at the end of the day monivea has this league in the bag already:p

I'm glad you stopped by... not having the fear after that thrashing at the hands of Irishwarriors? Eh? Eh? :D

fighting talk there my friend :D

Irishwarriors just proved you are beatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭greyhound1973

thats true, warriors played well last week even though they played ltnt and i went normal,reckon when i ltnt as well we wont get the same result,to be honest im not going to get the auto promotion spots and with louisburgh and cream of the crop the likely opposition in relegation/promotion playoff, i think we will be all here again next season in div 2

thats true, warriors played well last week even though they played ltnt and i went normal,reckon when i ltnt as well we wont get the same result,to be honest im not going to get the auto promotion spots and with louisburgh and cream of the crop the likely opposition in relegation/promotion playoff, i think we will be all here again next season in div 2

Good work...I dont fancy playing Louiburgh or Cream of the Crop. :eek:

Next season will be a whole lot more fun.

daheff wrote: »
    Good work...I dont fancy playing Louiburgh or Cream of the Crop. :eek:

Next season will be a whole lot more fun.

Wouldn't mind being relegated, the league was very stressful this season!

crisco10 wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind being relegated, the league was very stressful this season!

Dont you dare!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

just got up now, remembered BR... shoot out with BJD panthers for 4th spot. no tactics or team set up. guess that's positioning sorted.

5th place and a play off for me:(

Woeful season, gone backwards:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement