Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 19 League & Cup - Chat & Updates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭greyhound1973

bloody hell ,lost again today,best player out injured for a full week ,to be honest the league play-offs are wide open ,any of the 4 could win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Beat every team in the league but still didn't make the play-offs!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

Terrible season for my main team but my 2nd team Danny's have a home semi and fingers crossed I'll win that but still excellent season for me. Was hoping for 4th but to be trashed by the top 3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

thats true, warriors played well last week even though they played ltnt and i went normal,reckon when i ltnt as well we wont get the same result,to be honest im not going to get the auto promotion spots and with louisburgh and cream of the crop the likely opposition in relegation/promotion playoff, i think we will be all here again next season in div 2
    bloody hell ,lost again today,best player out injured for a full week ,to be honest the league play-offs are wide open ,any of the 4 could win

The play-offs are going to be very exciting :)

Finished in 5th place. 1 point off a pesky play-off spot, but wouldn't have deserved it, I had a poor early season.
    Funnily enough the rankings have me in 2nd place, just goes to show how inaccurate those bad boys are, though I do enjoy being in the top 20 in the country :D

Fingers crossed I don't get anyone crazy in the qualifiers! Scorched Earth is out there, but will hopefully auto-promote. If things stay as they are I could well be up against Rahoon Wild, and knowing my luck Clampett will secure the win :o

Sad to see Bogwarriors and Killarney go down, it was nice to have a full boardsie league (nearly)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Gotta say I've had a season way beyond my expectations...held my own in Div 2 and (I think) i've come third in BR league 2 also!!

Bring on the playoffs :eek:

• Advertisement

i see front row faries busy bidding in transfer market ,trying to buy a fairly big player(1 million +),look like daheff is going to win our league:eek::eek:

i see front row faries busy bidding in transfer market ,trying to buy a fairly big player(1 million +),look like daheff is going to win our league:eek::eek:

doing my best :D:D

Spending the prizemoney before i get it (and before the crazy transfer season starts)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Scorched Earth went bot this week! bit of a loss for the game....and in doing so stop Emperor getting relegated to Div 4.

Would love to watch my game against Monivea tonight (bit behind on stars but you never know), alas have to go to work dinner. stupid real life getting in the way of BR!

very hard luck crisco,very tight game in first half ,thought i was in trouble when you hit the front,so its Monivea v Front Row Fairies in the final

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

very hard luck crisco,very tight game in first half ,thought i was in trouble when you hit the front,so its Monivea v Front Row Fairies in the final

Well done to you, looks like you were more incisive at a glance at the stats.

I hit the front?! ah that's annoying. lol Just in now, won't get to look at match stats more until tomorrow. tbh, I'm slightly worried about the long term viability of my team. Not sure what my long term club strategy is.

• Advertisement

Wow...I made the final :D

Irish warriors went normal...they must be trying hard for the 3rd place.

Never mind daheff,you making the final,Front Row Fairies are strong favourites in my opinion,Paddy Powers have quoted Monivea 6/4.... Front Row 4/6fav,;)

Never mind daheff,you making the final,Front Row Fairies are strong favourites in my opinion,Paddy Powers have quoted Monivea 6/4.... Front Row 4/6fav,;)

Dunno about that...you've got home advantage, and i'm just the new boy coming up from div 3 punching above my weight by catching people out

If PP gave those odds he'd be rolled over

Dont know about that,clever tactics talking down ur chances though,but NEWSFLASH Front Row Fairies have raided the bank and spent nearly £1.3 million on Heikki Prokopiev ,ooh my they sure are trying to make division one ,just looking at their squad i see their belguim international Eilis is up for sale at a snip £350k but he will be playing in the final on saturday in the number 12 position most likely,better do my homework if im going to try and defeat daheff:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Dont know about that,clever tactics talking down ur chances though,but NEWSFLASH Front Row Fairies have raided the bank and spent nearly £1.3 million on Heikki Prokopiev ,ooh my they sure are trying to make division one ,just looking at their squad i see their belguim international Eilis is up for sale at a snip £350k but he will be playing in the final on saturday in the number 12 position most likely,better do my homework if im going to try and defeat daheff:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

No flies on you GH :P

I remember hearing of a tactic a couple of years ago where a manager put his entire team up for sale to trick the opposing manager into playing tactics he thought would combat the first managers strengths. Trick worked cos he played completely different tactics :pac::pac:

so. tactics just got complicated ;);)

well the time has nearly come ,big final tomorrow,i hope my old fellas can stick with you "daheff"for some of the game anyway,reckon you should take this match by 15 to 20 points ,i have nt fully decided on my team or tactics yet,best of luck anyway daheff:confused::confused:

well the time has nearly come ,big final tomorrow,i hope my old fellas can stick with you "daheff"for some of the game anyway,reckon you should take this match by 15 to 20 points ,i have nt fully decided on my team or tactics yet,best of luck anyway daheff:confused::confused:

Good luck to you too Greyhound :)

I dont know about 15 to 20 points...you have home game advantage, (which is increased for playoffs). If it were on neutral ground I reckon i'd have a chance.

hopefully its a good game with no injuries :eek:

jeez its 3 in the morning and im still up trying to find a fault in front row fairies,my head is wrecked ,lol,only messin, just in from a few pints ,think i better leave final line up till morning it mite be safer,lol,

jeez its 3 in the morning and im still up trying to find a fault in front row fairies,my head is wrecked ,lol,only messin, just in from a few pints ,think i better leave final line up till morning it mite be safer,lol,

good win. hats off your team were better on the day. your hours of researching my team work :D

thanks again daheff,i might be interested in ur belguim international ,i think he is better at 14 than 12 ,might put a bid of 350k on him

• Advertisement

thanks again daheff,i might be interested in ur belguim international ,i think he is better at 14 than 12 ,might put a bid of 350k on him

Unfortunately you needed to stump up the full prizemoney for him...somebody went nuts and blew the Million on him. So effectively I replaced a 32 yo for a 25 @ a cost of 300k

Laughing all the way to the bank :D:D:D

you can thank me for that daheff,i kept bidding til around 460k then he hit a million could nt believe ur luck ,reckon he is a real expensive player but who cares you have the dough in the bank,lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

crisco10 wrote: »
    Scorched Earth went bot this week! bit of a loss for the game....and in doing so stop Emperor getting relegated to Div 4.

Aww, that's a huge loss. Kinda figured it was going that way when he lost (or didn't contest really) the qualifier against me last season. He still had a winning season, even AFK, but alas, goodbye Scorched Earth.

I checked in on FRF v Monivea and saw FRF in the lead. Thought they had it, but just checked in today and it was a solid Monivea win. Should be interesting if we're all going at it again next season.

Have Chocolate Chompers in a qualifier. Solid history of wins against them, so not tooooo worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Was away at a stag until now, and just checked in to see I overturned Dublin Ocelots in our final, bit of an upset there (He went normal for some reason).
    I'm playing Everyone Likes A Tryer in the qualifier, so I don't think there will be any progression, but am pretty chuffed with my trophy and the cash in the bank :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

crisco10 wrote: »

That is very sad. It was inevitable though.

In other news, I'll be playing Div I next season! Granted its in Hong Kong, but should be a good challenge all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Gelio wrote: »
    That is very sad. It was inevitable though.

In other news, I'll be playing Div I next season! Granted its in Hong Kong, but should be a good challenge all the same

Ya hopefully it is, I'm in Division 1 Canada so it's probably somewhat similiar to Hong Kong. You have about 2 or 3 really strong teams and then the rest fight it out for survival. Hopefully you have a bit more banter though, it's so bloody dead in Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Looking at CSR's alone it looks like I'll be happy to stay up. Looking forward to the challenge though. Yeah a lively league clubroom makes everything far more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Best of luck to all in qualifiers tonight.

apart from Fingal physicians...hope you get smashed!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

eoferrall wrote: »
    Best of luck to all in qualifiers tonight.

apart from Fingal physicians...hope you get smashed!:P

doing well in my game 0-29 at half time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

westman1 wrote: »
    doing well in my game 0-29 at half time

won it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement