Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price on Application (POA)

Options
  • 21-06-2013 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Price on application. WHY WHY WHY do estate agents do this. Ive seen loads on daft,myhome or property.ie saying this and it does my head in. why just they dont put the price on the ad because as soon as you phone up, they tell you. WTF!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

This drives me crazy too. There is one estate agent in my locality who has most of the properties they have for sale advertised as POA. I know some sellers probably request it but it puts me right off!
    yoloc wrote: »
    Price on application. WHY WHY WHY do estate agents do this. Ive seen loads on daft,myhome or property.ie saying this and it does my head in. why just they dont put the price on the ad because as soon as you phone up, they tell you. WTF!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

yoloc wrote: »

Back in the old days before the Internet, all prices were POA. You didn't want neighbours knowing your business. Lots of older people still in this mindset, hence why this practice persists. Thats my theory anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Back in the old days before the Internet, all prices were POA. You didn't want neighbours knowing your business. Lots of older people still in this mindset, hence why this practice persists. Thats my theory anyway.

I can remember asking prices well pre internet... Local rag had online archives to about '77, may look to see when it became common

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Unless the property ticked all the boxes (and that's a very long list of boxes) poa gets ignored. It's too much hassle during the search phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭yoloc

Scortho wrote: »
    Unless the property ticked all the boxes (and that's a very long list of boxes) poa gets ignored. It's too much hassle during the search phase.

I agree, youve to go through all teh different price ranges if you want to see all the POA ones to because they dont have that search option on it. Something daft and myhome should look into

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

also I have found you simply ring up the EA sec and they tell you all the POAs right away. Most of the time they are seriously overpriced

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Seems to be common practice outside the main urban areas- with particular crops of POAs in some midland towns and/or rural areas. Not sure why (though these areas are registering lower price falls than other what you'd consider equivalent areas and property types elsewhere).

For most people these days- POA is a turn off- they don't even ask any questions about the property- when in reality they might be very very interested, if it was appropriately priced, and advertised in a standard manner.

Advertisement