Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube and games?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

ktulu
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Has anyone bought a game based from something they seen on youtube?

My kid is watching one of the above named youtubers play the last of us, i asked why doesnt he just play it instead, its defeating the purpose of having the game imo.

Yes, I've gone from Youtube straight to Steam to buy quite a few games. It helps that I play the kinds of games that don't have a storyline so there doesn't tend to be much in the way of spoilers. It's gotten to the point where I often check Youtube and elsewhere before buying a game, I find watching someone play for 10-15 minutes often to be more informative (and more importantly telling about whether I want it) than a 3 page review.

yeah i bought anno 2070 based on a few lets play videos i saw of it

then i played it for five hours and deleted it

some day I'll go back to it... some day, but sweet jesus that learning curve

It's actually not *that* bad compared to some games I've seen. AI War is pretty much unplayable at what's considered regular difficulties without a fair while spent reading the wiki and browsing the forums since the game's been evolving along with the strategies the players have been coming up with over the years.

Advertisement