Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP5 firing slightly hot! What to do?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭SlappyTheSeal

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Again.... Compressing the spring does nothing.

But firing 1.6k rounds through it to break in the spring does. As it went from 1.05 to 1.02.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Just to reply to this, we got the AEG back and it was still reading under the limit according to our chronograph.
    We can only declare AEGs to have a certain energy according to our chronograph on the day of reading. The rifle was downgraded and shipped back out the same day, free of charge for the customer

Because every site and retailer in the country is using a different chronograph, with a different brand of BB, in different conditions, you will never get the same results between locations. Technically everyone is wrong, and everyone is right.

It's something I highlighted to the DOJ on our few meetings, that everyone should be using the same BBs and chronograph but its never going to happen.

Note that if there is even a 0.01g difference in weight between BBs, if can throw the reading off by over 15fps. We personally only use Blaster or King Arms BBs for chornograph use, as they are bang on 0.2g. We seen many sites/retailers using their own brand 0.2g BBs, which according to some very technical customers actually weigh as little as 0.16g.

Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭SlappyTheSeal

Just to reply to this, we got the AEG back and it was still reading under the limit according to our chronograph.
    We can only declare AEGs to have a certain energy according to our chronograph on the day of reading. The rifle was downgraded and shipped back out the same day, free of charge for the customer

Because every site and retailer in the country is using a different chronograph, with a different brand of BB, in different conditions, you will never get the same results between locations. Technically everyone is wrong, and everyone is right.

It's something I highlighted to the DOJ on our few meetings, that everyone should be using the same BBs and chronograph but its never going to happen.

Note that if there is even a 0.01g difference in weight between BBs, if can throw the reading off by over 15fps. We personally only use Blaster or King Arms BBs for chornograph use, as they are bang on 0.2g. We seen many sites/retailers using their own brand 0.2g BBs, which according to some very technical customers actually weigh as little as 0.16g.

Steve

Hey lads, anyway just want to say thanks for doing the downgrade, and I understand what your saying about the bbs, Im using blaster 20g at the moment, and was a little confused as one chrono said 1.05, another said 1.02 and another said around 0.95. So that caught me off guard but you guys downgraded it further so thanks for that :) And possibly the speediest delivery of any airsoft shop in ireland too. Anyway I understand about the difference in chronos so hopefully itll pass it tomorrow morning at hive since you guys downgraded it and that should bring there chrono reading down

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheHiveAirsoft

Hey lads, anyway just want to say thanks for doing the downgrade, and I understand what your saying about the bbs, Im using blaster 20g at the moment, and was a little confused as one chrono said 1.05, another said 1.02 and another said around 0.95. So that caught me off guard but you guys downgraded it further so thanks for that :) And possibly the speediest delivery of any airsoft shop in ireland too. Anyway I understand about the difference in chronos so hopefully itll pass it tomorrow morning at hive since you guys downgraded it and that should bring there chrono reading down

Craic lads, just noticed this thread and for the record the gun did pass the second time around and just to clarify, of the hot guns we chrono on our site this was the first and only one ever from the lads at airsofteire so this was obviously a freak occurrence.

We use a skan chrono and our .20 swiss arms bbs in the mag with the hop up off at all times when chrono'ing all airsoft devices that read as over the limit, the last thing we want to do is inconvenience the player (We of course provided a rental gun for the day free of charge.) or any other retailer/site operator.

Advertisement