Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBL account deleted

Options
  • 22-06-2013 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody had this happen no explanation from Ms ,had my account nearly 5 years went to play a few minutes ago only to find my account and its dlc gone from my Xbox tried to even download my profile get a profile doesn't exist message please try again,
    Seriously peeved at this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Gatling wrote: »
    Anybody had this happen no explanation from Ms ,had my account nearly 5 years went to play a few minutes ago only to find my account and its dlc gone from my Xbox tried to even download my profile get a profile doesn't exist message please try again,
    Seriously peeved at this

Can you access your account via Xbox.com on a PC browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Are you sure you're using then correct email address to download it?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Can you access your account via Xbox.com on a PC browser?
    Are you sure you're using then correct email address to download it?

No account is not accessible on PC ,

Yes correct email and password ,

Waiting to hear back from Ms to find out what's going on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Seriously peeved at this

It has to be asked. Did you do ANYTHING that might warrant a ban from XBL?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

One of the people on my friends list had his gamerscore reset because he modded his gamerscore to unlock 10,000 gamerscore in one day. Yeah, not the smartest move that. He did that and didn't even get a ban, just a gamerscore reset. So, yeah... Gatling, were there other people using your account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

Sounds like your account was hacked. Happened to me last year wouldn't let me log in then 800 ms points were charged to my credit card. Whoever hacked it changed my account name and email then sold it to another person as a black ops 15th prestige account. MS set up a new email address and reset it back to me with 3 months free live.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

FutureGuy wrote: »
    It has to be asked. Did you do ANYTHING that might warrant a ban from XBL?
    Pushtrak wrote: »
    One of the people on my friends list had his gamerscore reset because he modded his gamerscore to unlock 10,000 gamerscore in one day. Yeah, not the smartest move that. He did that and didn't even get a ban, just a gamerscore reset. So, yeah... Gatling, were there other people using your account?

No haven't done anything that could warrant a ban ,don't get abusive during games, don't spam ,don't promote cheating or modding

Nobody bar my OH has access to the Xbox for her kinect games which she has her own account for

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The error message for a permanent ban is "you are banned until 31/12/9999"

It's highly unlikely to be a ban in this instance. Move the profile on your HDD onto a USB stick, remove the stick, then try to download a fresh one from the server. Can you sign in on xbox.com?

Just saw that you can't sign in there either. Have MS confirmed you are using the correct email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,974 ✭✭✭✭briany

The error message for a permanent ban is "you are banned until 31/12/9999"

What happens after 9999?

In the year 10005, my XBL account has come back alive. You all thought it would have nothing to do until I emerge from my cryogenic tube woh oh ohhhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

briany wrote: »
    What happens after 9999?

In the year 10005, my XBL account has come back alive. You all thought it would have nothing to do until I emerge from my cryogenic tube woh oh ohhhh.

Something to pass on when you've died.

"There's 600 ms points in there for you little johnny"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

No account is not accessible on PC ,

Yes correct email and password ,

Waiting to hear back from Ms to find out what's going on

If it was the correct Email and password then you'd be able to access it via PC. Something's not right there. What happens when you try to sign in to Xbox.com?

Usually if a profile disappears from a console then it just means it's a corrupted file and needs to be deleted/redownloaded. Nothing to do with an account being banned or compromised.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ronoc 1

just wondering is it safe to delete your profile and then redownload it,is there a risk i could lose my profile all together,i assume my profile is corrupted somehow because when i start to play bioshock it freezes at the main menu.im worried because its the only game that gives me trouble so i dont want to jeopardise my profile for the sake of one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

Perfectly safe, it's something I'd recommend when your console/gaming becomes jittery. Just please PLEASE make sure you know your email/password for the account before deleting it from the console, because if you've forgotten them after deleting it then you're screwed. If you're not 100% sure then try signing in to Xbox.com.

Is it only Bioshock freezing or other games too? When you're in your hard drive, select "Games & Apps" and look for any corrupted files in the bioshock folder. Delete any corrupted files and title updates for bioshock and clear the cache, should be fine from there. If that doesn't fix things then it could be the disc itself, look into installing it onto the hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ronoc 1

yea its only bioshock thats giving trouble,its seems to be a problem for a few gamers,ive tried your suggestions numerous times but it keeps freezing,so deleting the profile seems to be the only option.So hopefully that should do it,nearly forgot about needing the password.thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

ronoc 1 wrote: »
    yea its only bioshock thats giving trouble,its seems to be a problem for a few gamers,ive tried your suggestions numerous times but it keeps freezing,so deleting the profile seems to be the only option.So hopefully that should do it,nearly forgot about needing the password.thanks for your help.

Make sure you've been connected to the internet first though. If you haven't been regularly signing in online then your profile will have reverted back to what it was at the last time you connected.

Advertisement