Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to do?

• 22-06-2013 2:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, so situation is:
    I am washing my car A LOT, and doing repairs and things on car. Washing it quite often too, usually I pay 10 euro at topaz for a car wash and 2 euro for 5 mins of hoover.

Today in my parking lot I found a socket (behind a black waste bin, nasty place but that's a solution) so I decided to bring my hoover from house (nearby) and take out all seats (fronts and rear) clean it up properly as it's never been done.
    I also found I have a water tap with pretty high pressure, I was wondering:

How often to pressure washers are banned from underground parking lot? I looked in House Rules poster in hall and it doesn't say anything about using electrical plugs/sockets/water tap etc.. so I assume they are there for use.

I have only 1 car parked near me which is behind my car but it really depends how much mess do pressure washers make? like would it spray all around parking lot or just one spot? (sry never used one)

If that's not the case, I could get hose and use that tap to wash car by hand but then question is: how do you apply wax? do I need some kind of power tool? what is it called? the one that you put a foamy pad/set on wheel and it spins, something like angle grinder but not cutting ****.

Any suggestions in my situation how to hoover and clean car having sockets and water source in parking lot? because paying 15 euro every week for wash and hoover is tiring.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

arleitiss wrote: »
    Any suggestions in my situation how to hoover and clean car having sockets and water source in parking lot? because paying 15 euro every week for wash and hoover is tiring.

Just remember to hoover up the water afterwards and you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

There is usually a mist of water hitting nearby cars from a power washer. Don't worry about it because it doesn't cause a mess. After all it's just like a bit of rain on the other cars.

The machine is called a polisher, you can get one in Halfords. E.g http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_189810_langId_-1_categoryId_212473

I've used polisher/wax that you apply with a damp sponge and then use the polisher machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Is it possible to apply wax by hand? I have lots of time on my hands :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Yes. The Karate Kid gives a good demonstration as to how. Wax on....... Wax off......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Yeah it's possible but I'm not sure why you wouldn't use a sponge :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just make sure you ask the car owners parked next to you. If you spent 3 hours washing and waxing your car then parked it in your spot, then came out and seen your car covered in spray of water, muck, dirt from the guy washing his car in the adjoining spot, you'd be pee'd off!

No harm keeping the peace ya know, it may just lead to no complaints to the management company.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Pov06 wrote: »
    Yeah it's possible but I'm not sure why you wouldn't use a sponge :D

Sponge = big no no when washing your car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

What about using some if the waterless cleaners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

OP, speak to the management company. An underground Celtic tiger car park probably has terrible drainage. Don't go adding to it without knowing the score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

ba_barabus wrote: »
    What about using some if the waterless cleaners.

:eek::o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

because paying 15 euro every week for wash and hoover is tiring.

Not to mention incredibly excessive :confused:

Advertisement