Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White flickering lines appearing on screen issue

Options
  • 22-06-2013 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a Acer Aspire 5742G laptop that recently has developed an issue where by white lines appear on the screen. They appear at the top of the screen and flicker. There are also vertical lines running the height of the screen that are just barely visible. Moving the screen effects them to the point where by sometimes gently twisting the screen will remove them or make them worse. Opening and closing the screen has no effect just twisting. Restarting the computer has no effect nor changing the resolution. It seems more like a hardware issue. I was hoping someone might be able to tell me whats wrong and how I could fix it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Feets

I had that with a hp laptop. The screen connected to the laptop had a loose connection. They replaced that and the fan cos the heat of the fan had damaged my laptop over time. It was under extended warrantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Fox Mulder

I had that with a hp laptop. The screen connected to the laptop had a loose connection. They replaced that and the fan cos the heat of the fan had damaged my laptop over time. It was under extended warrantee.

Thanks for that. I applied some pressure on the connector and it has resolved the issue. The connection must be very dodgy because with out the plastic surround on the screen it works fine but once I attach it and move the screen up and down the lines reappear.

Advertisement