Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rottweiler running free in residential area

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Swanner wrote: »
    It would be far more effective to educate OP without the attitude displayed by many on this thread. Not everyone eats, sleeps and drinks dogs so not everyone has the same understanding of restricted breeds etc.

OP - This dog, friendly or not, shouldn't be out roaming on its own. Speak to the owner, if that fails call the warden and keep calling till they do something about it.

And you're simply repeating what has already been said a number of times. Call the warden. That people might be offended by breed condemnation is hardly surprising, is it? This is a public forum, of course people are going to react in various way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

andreac wrote: »
    Says what?? No child should be left alive with any dog regardless if the breed.

Yes every dog has the potential to become aggressive. Even your lovely cuddly bubbles that you treat like a child. We're all animals if it cam down to the point of starvation do you think the dog would curl up and die beside you and in turn do you think you'd look at lovely cuddly bubbles as your baby or as a meal??

Some people have no clue about dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Mr.Fred wrote: »
    Yes every dog has the potential to become aggressive. Even your lovely cuddly bubbles that you treat like a child. We're all animals if it cam down to the point of starvation do you think the dog would curl up and die beside you and in turn do you think you'd look at lovely cuddly bubbles as your baby or as a meal??

I have no idea what point you are trying to make here.

Interesting, where does it say Andrea treats her dog as a child?

Me neither, now that you mention it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Me neither, now that you mention it.

Yeah I think youse are missing the whole point altogether.

Quality wrote: »
    Yeah I think youse are missing the whole point altogether.

I don't believe we are, we have suggested what the OP should do. What we didn't do was resort to high drama and hypothetical situations/questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

Interesting, where does it say Andrea treats her dog as a child?

I wasn't relating to her situation I was making reference to people that treats dogs like babies.

I was referring to Andrea when I said YES. No child should be left alone with a dog. particularly a dog that is a restricted breed or deemed aggressive no matter how good you think they are.

The price of finding out you were wrong is just not worth it.

There's no changing the minds of folks who see dogs as our equal so I'll leave it there.

OP ring the dog warden.

I wasn't relating to her situation I was making reference to people that treats dogs like babies.

I was referring to Andrea when I said YES. No child should be left alone with a dog. particularly a dog that is a restricted breed or deemed aggressive no matter how good you think they are.

There's no changing the minds of folks who see dogs as our equal so I'll leave it there.

OP ring the dog warden.
    You addressed Andrea's comment directly. And no one here has suggested dogs are our equal or anything like it, so I am confused by your posting style.

Anyway, it's Saturday morning and I have my own dog to walk, so I too am bowing out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

OP ring the dog warden.

Who said we see our dogs as equal??

I said no dog big or small should be left alone with any child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

andreac wrote: »
    Who said we see our dogs as equal??

I said no dog big or small should be left alone with any child.

Which I said I don't do

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I am closing this thread now, having only just now read through it. If I see anywhere near the same amount of trolling and flaming by some posters here in any other thread in future, they will receive an automatic ban.
    It is clear that certain occasional visitors to this forum joined this thread only to flame people that I know they have silly little internet anger with.
    In exasperation with the immaturity of it all, thread closed.
    Thanks,
    DBB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement