Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom netopia refusing DNS lookup requests

Options
  • 22-06-2013 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

Any one got idea as to why this is happening

system has been working fine for years - but recently DNS look up requests from every PC (both wireless and cabled) is being refused by Eircom Netopia router

Look ups work ok if you log onto router (via telnet) and do it there (i.e. its looking up ok directly to the Eircom DNS) but doing the same nslookup command from any device gets a "refused" message if you turn on nslookup debug

only way to fix is restart router

it looks like the Netopia router dns lookup service is for what ever reason getting into a state where it refuses lookup requests it receives

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

fclauson wrote: »
    Any one got idea as to why this is happening

system has been working fine for years - but recently DNS look up requests from every PC (both wireless and cabled) is being refused by Eircom Netopia router

Look ups work ok if you log onto router (via telnet) and do it there (i.e. its looking up ok directly to the Eircom DNS) but doing the same nslookup command from any device gets a "refused" message if you turn on nslookup debug

only way to fix is restart router

it looks like the Netopia router dns lookup service is for what ever reason getting into a state where it refuses lookup requests it receives

Hi fclauson

I really don’t know why this is happening however you could contact eircombroadband support on 1890260260 for assistance with this. Otherwise somebody viewing this thread might be able to advise on this.

Al

Advertisement