Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DOE Question

• 22-06-2013 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭

My DOE is up on my van in 3 months and my tax is up this month.A few people have told me tax my van for 12 months and not worry about DOE till next year.

My questions are Has any one ever done this?Also if I was in an accident would I be insured?mypolicy is third party fire and theft.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

will you be insured? depends on your insurance terms, the worst is you'd be left with third party extension.

Re; not DOE'ing your vehicle.....illegal, and not a good idea all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MidlandsM wrote: »
    will you be insured? depends on your insurance terms, the worst is you'd be left with third party extension.

Re; not DOE'ing your vehicle.....illegal, and not a good idea all round.

Yes ill be insured.The guy who told me too do it seemed fairly certain your never asked for DOE cert any where I wasn't so sure myself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Yes ill be insured.The guy who told me too do it seemed fairly certain your never asked for DOE cert any where I wasn't so sure myself

you can be asked for a DOE at any roadside check, same as they'd look for a NCT on a car..........also, if you have an accident/claim, then you'll be in hot water.

Just test it......whats stopping you?

MidlandsM wrote: »
    you can be asked for a DOE at any roadside check, same as they'd look for a NCT on a car..........also, if you have an accident/claim, then you'll be in hot water.

Just test it......whats stopping you?
    Nothing at all I think the van will fly threw...just seen if it was worth the risk too save a few bob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Nothing at all I think the van will fly threw...just seen if it was worth the risk too save a few bob

My dad used to do it until they announced that there would be a mandatory court appearance and 5 penalty points for using a vehicle without a certificate of roadworthiness.

• Advertisement

BX 19 wrote: »
    My dad used to do it until they announced that there would be a mandatory court appearance and 5 penalty points for using a vehicle without a certificate of roadworthiness.

Is that a law?dont think ill be chancing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Is that a law?dont think ill be chancing it

It's an offence, yes.

124f04923187bc8eee1fcdd30d77cec7.png

http://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Licensed%20Drivers/Penalty%20Points%20Chart1.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Certificate of road worthiness CRW is what you get when you hand your DOE pass cert into the tax office. It's there on line 4. I sometimes test the jeep late, but time is the issue not worrying about 85 quid.. And it's only a week or two usually.

Advertisement