Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is my eMobile deposit ?

Options
  • 22-06-2013 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭

When I joined eMobile in December (2012) I had to pay a deposit of 195 Euro (for Galaxy S3).
    I am supposed to get this back around now, so I rang yesterday eMobile on 1901.
    I was told that the fee was never paid by the store to the credit check team, so now I am expected to go to the store where I signed up for my contract and get them to pay this fee before I can get it back.
    I have also tried ringing the store and (have tried at least 15 times since 9.30 today) and it is never answered (Mullingar Meteor/eMobile store)
    How can it be that I have to follow this up with the store (30 minutes away from where I live) - surely eMobile / Eircom can contact their own store and verify this without me having to do this for them ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Whether or not they received this deposits from the store that's between eircom and the store to sort out. Eircom and not the store requested the deposit which you were told would be refunded on the 6th month. If eircom doesn't refund you the deposit and you have to travel to the store then take them to the small claims court for reasonable reimbursement of travel costs/lost wages and other unavoidable expenses.

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

deadl0ck wrote: »
    When I joined eMobile in December (2012) I had to pay a deposit of 195 Euro (for Galaxy S3).
    I am supposed to get this back around now, so I rang yesterday eMobile on 1901.
    I was told that the fee was never paid by the store to the credit check team, so now I am expected to go to the store where I signed up for my contract and get them to pay this fee before I can get it back.
    I have also tried ringing the store and (have tried at least 15 times since 9.30 today) and it is never answered (Mullingar Meteor/eMobile store)
    How can it be that I have to follow this up with the store (30 minutes away from where I live) - surely eMobile / Eircom can contact their own store and verify this without me having to do this for them ?
    Hi deadl0ck,

Sorry to hear your deposit was not applied to your account. Could you PM your mobile number PIN the deposit amount you paid and the store that this was paid in I will get this investigated for you.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

PM Sent

PM Sent
    Thanks deadl0ck.

I have just got back to your PM.

Grainne

Hi Grainne - just sent you a PM in relation to this

• Advertisement

Hi Grainne - just sent you a PM in relation to this
    Hi deadl0ck,

I have just responded to your PM.

Grainne

PM sent again - can you please reply ?

PM sent again - can you please reply ?
    My apologies deadl0ck,

I was out of the office. I will get back to your PM now.

Gráinne

PM Sent again :(

PM Sent again
    Hi deadl0ck,

I have just sent you a PM with an update.

Grainne

• Advertisement

PM Sent

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

PM Sent
    Hi deadlOck
    Grainne is off for a few days, could you PM me with the details and I can follow up?
    Tony

Hi deadlOck
    Grainne is off for a few days, could you PM me with the details and I can follow up?
    Tony
    Is she off for long ?

This has been going on for almost 2 months - so it would not be a simple matter to relate in a PM - if it's only for a few days it would be easier for me to wait till she's back

Is she off for long ?

This has been going on for almost 2 months - so it would not be a simple matter to relate in a PM - if it's only for a few days it would be easier for me to wait till she's back
    Grainne is back on Friday, but I feel I have the jist off the case from your posts above if you want me to chase for you. Otherwise Grainne can chase first thing Friday?
    Tony

Grand - I'll wait till Friday as I'm work now and I'll have to start digging up my account number, bank accoute number etc.. so it's as handy for me to wait a couple of days.
    Thanks anyhow Tony

Grand - I'll wait till Friday as I'm work now and I'll have to start digging up my account number, bank accoute number etc.. so it's as handy for me to wait a couple of days.
    Thanks anyhow Tony
    Hi deadl0ck,

That's no problem. If you do need any further assistance let us know.

Tony

Thanks anyhow Tony
    Hi deadl0ck,

I have just updated you in PM's

Grainne

Advertisement