Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N75 valve: Oem or genuine

• 22-06-2013 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

Need to change mine on my awx engine.
    Are the oem ones any good or am I better off with Genuine Audi.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I've used a spurious one in the past which didn't last so ended up buying an Oem part. Iirc there's not a huge price difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Thanks Daragh.
    Still haveing issues with limp mode.
    Changed all the rubber boost hoses to silicone which made a difference but still intermitently going into limp mode.
    Am getting smooth rev's throughout the range so am ruling out MAF and gonna go with the n75.
    Failing that its code reading (which I prob should have done from the start) but judging by the state of the hose's I took off I have avoided that problem anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

It's false economy throwing parts at it until you have a diagnostic scan done.
    If you are around north Dublin I can do it for you, at least that way you will have something to go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Neilw wrote: »
    It's false economy throwing parts at it until you have a diagnostic scan done.
    If you are around north Dublin I can do it for you, at least that way you will have something to go on.
    Thanks Neil. I may just take you up on that. I am in North County but am regularly in around North Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭discodavie

I had the same problem recently on an a6 bought for sale owner thought turbo was gone.

My first fix was the wires to the n75. They were broken/chipped tried to repair but no joy, did the swap out after at the same time as the replacement valve, part was bout 60 from local vag garage.

Problem sorted now and no ongoing probs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement