Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EU volume cap

• 22-06-2013 1:40pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone successfully disabled this on the iPhone without jail breaking? I've heard it's possible by doing a restore while connected to the net with a US VPN. Has anyone tried this?

With decent in-ear headphones I don't find the cap to be a huge problem, except on old masters of albums that are less heavily compressed than today's music. Even so I'd still like to get rid of it if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Settings > Music > Volume Limit

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Doesn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Weird. And annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

I can turn it on and off in settings.

259371.jpg

259370.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

that setting is only available in ios 7 afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

guil wrote: »
    that setting is only available in ios 7 afaik

I have it in 6.1.4, and it was already off... Weird!

TBi wrote: »
    I have it in 6.1.4, and it was already off... Weird!
    Same here Im still on IOS 6.1.4 because Im a lazy sod and it was already turned off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Do you not think its there for a reason i.e. to protect your hearing? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Do you not think its there for a reason i.e. to protect your hearing?

I think your plea will fall on deaf ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Does anybody know if there is an app to turn it up to 11?

• Advertisement

N64 wrote: »
    Do you not think its there for a reason i.e. to protect your hearing? :rolleyes:
    Nah its just the EU being intrusive nannies.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

HurtLocker wrote: »
    I can turn it on and off in settings.

That doesn't work either. If you disable it, the volume is still capped. While if you enable it, it caps the already capped volume. That setting only works properly for non-EU users. It shouldn't actually be visible to us.
    N64 wrote: »

Like I said, it's not a problem with newly mastered music. But try listening to an album mastered in the '80s. They were far less loud back then and you need to put the volume up. Today everything is heavily compressed.

Advertisement