Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UKARA register number?

• 22-06-2013 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭

When ordering a gun from the U.K, would you just email the company or what, as you can't order without it and I don't want it two tone? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Haribo1358 wrote: »
    When ordering a gun from the U.K, would you just email the company or what, as you can't order without it and I don't want it two tone? Thanks!

Some companies specifically require UKARA numbers, some do not when ordering online. If ordering from one that does, pick up the phone. Ring. It'll all be done and dusted in about 3/4 minutes. No faffing about with a UKARA number (which you will also not need assuming that you are resident outside of the UK & N.Ireland).

If you are ordering with the intention of delivery of said gun to a destination in the UK & N.Ireland, then you will need to provide proof of eligibility to avail of the VCRA skirmisher defence. Some companies will again insist that that proof be a valid UKARA number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Lemming wrote: »
    Some companies specifically require UKARA numbers, some do not when ordering online. If ordering from one that does, pick up the phone. Ring. It'll all be done and dusted in about 3/4 minutes. No faffing about with a UKARA number (which you will also not need assuming that you are resident outside of the UK & N.Ireland)

No need to ring, you just answered his question. :)

No need to ring, you just answered his question. :)

Some shops mandate UKARA numbers if ordering airsoft guns online. You will not be able to complete the order in such a case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Lemming wrote: »
    Some shops mandate UKARA numbers if ordering airsoft guns online. You will not be able to complete the order in such a case.

Ah right, just assumed when you select your country it just automatically knows that you do not require a UKARA No.

My mistake...

Ah right, just assumed when you select your country it just automatically knows that you do not require a UKARA No.

My mistake...

Oh, some shops do have the ability to specify country; but it's annoying when you find one that doesn't that you want to order from. So it's sometime to be mindful of. We have no idea what shop the OP is wanting to use, hence my mentioning both scenarios.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Some shops also bill you for not inputting a UKARA number; your order is cancelled and refunded sans a restocking fee :(

Always worth getting in touch with 'em if you're unsure!

Advertisement