Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Menzingers, Tigers Jaw & more @ Crane Lane Theatre, Cork

Options
  • 22-06-2013 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

menzingers.jpg

Date: Saturday 10th August 2013
    Place: Crane Lane Theatre, Phoenix St.
    Doors: 8.00pm (NOTE EARLY DOOR TIME)
    Price: €10 at the door, ticket link coming soon

THE MENZINGERS
    https://www.facebook.com/themenzingers

The Menzingers formed in the wake of Scranton ska-punk/pop punk bands "Bob and the Sagets" (featuring Tom May, Joe Godino, Eric Keen, and non-Menzinger member Curtis Irie, currently of Irie Idea) and Kos Mos (featuring Greg Barnett, Adam Mcilwee of Tigers Jaw, and Leo Vergnetti of Captain, We're Sinking!). Their first release was a self-titled demo tape made in 2006, which made its way onto many top ten lists of that year.

Their debut full length, "A Lesson in the Abuse of Information Technology" (released on Go-Kart Records), was produced by Jesse Cannon. According to Cannon, "I record bands every day and almost all of them are missing something. The Menzingers have it all — the songs, the aggression, the heart, and the passion that most only dream of."

In 2009, the band released a 4-song EP titled "Hold On Dodge" through Red Scare Industries, their first vinyl release (including a 600-run olive edition.) A bonus track for the EP titled "Kentucky Gentleman" is available through iTunes.

Early in 2010, the band did a brief stint with Anti-Flag. April 13 saw the release of their second full length, "Chamberlain Waits", through Red Scare Records. In March and April they also toured in support of Against Me!.

On May 17, 2011 they announced that they had signed to Epitaph Records. Brett Gurewitz, founder of Epitaph Records and guitarist of Bad Religion said this about the signing of the band:
    "These guys play the kind of pure punk rock that I grew up with. They are seriously talented songwriters and I'm happy to welcome them to the Epitaph family. I think the band is a great fit here."

They released On the Impossible Past on February 20, 2012, and it was met with critical acclaim. A music video was shot and released for the song "Nice Things."

TIGERS JAW (First and last Cork show!)
    https://www.facebook.com/tigersjaw

Tigers Jaw is an indie rock band from Scranton, Pennsylvania. They have three albums, a self-titled album on Prison Jazz Records, which was re-released in 2010 on Run for Cover Records, a split EP with Balance and Composure on Run for Cover Records, and a new album Two Worlds on Run for Cover Records. They also released a 7-inch, "Spirit Desire", in 2009, on Tiny Engines Records. On March 21, 2013, Tigers Jaw announced that they will be going on hiatus after their UK & Ireland dates.

with:

WE COME IN PIECES & THIS PLACE IS DEATH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Going to this in Dublin. Think Chewing on Tinfoil are also on the bill that day. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭vilifier

Bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rgk29178

where can I get tickets?????

rgk29178 wrote: »
    where can I get tickets?????

Show goes ahead, tickets on sale in the morning, link will be provided! Sorry for the delay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rgk29178

vilifier wrote: »
    Show goes ahead, tickets on sale in the morning, link will be provided! Sorry for the delay!
    Cool, really was getting worried as I couldn't find anything on the venue and on the tickets, thanks folks!

• Advertisement

Up on tickets.ie now!

Bizump!

Bump! Tickets now at tickets.ie and through PLUGD!

998363_10200935551103995_1692351803_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

Heading to the Dublin gig. Can't wait.

• Advertisement

A little over two weeks away!

Two weeks away! Get yer tickets in as they won't last at the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

What's the craic with tickets for the Fibbers gig?

A little under two weeks away now! Tickets starting to lift for this, so get on 'em while they're there!

Next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 broliver

This is an 18+ show right?

broliver wrote: »
    This is an 18+ show right?

Yep. Apologies to younger Menzingers fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 broliver

Guessing that means there's no way of getting there early or anything to get in? Ah well.

NEXT WEEK!

• Advertisement

Five days away!

Four days away!

Two days away! Saturday night, doors at 8!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

Are tickets at the door for this? Tigers Jaw were great last time they played here.

Papillon! wrote: »
    Are tickets at the door for this? Tigers Jaw were great last time they played here.

Tickets will be available at the door!

vilifier wrote: »
    Tickets will be available at the door!

Cheers ;)

Cheers ;)

Actually just saw this thread is for the Cork show. I'll be in Dublin the day after instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Actually just saw this thread is for the Cork show. I'll be in Dublin the day after instead.

If yer stuck give me a shout on here. I have a spare.

Tomorrow night, ladies and gentlemen! Early show, with doors at 8 and This Place is Death kicking off at 8.30! Tickets are still available on tickets.ie, PLUGD Records, and will be available at the door!

• Advertisement

Tonight, ladies and gentlemen!

Doors are at eight o'clock sharp, first band on half-eight. All times are in real-time and not Cork time!

8.30 - 8.55 - This Place is Death
    9.05 - 9.35 - We Come in Pieces
    9.50 - 10.30 - Tigers Jaw
    10.40 - 11.30 - The Menzingers

Advertisement