Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collie x with damaged ligaments in paw.

• 22-06-2013 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Archie, our collie x has damaged ligaments in his paw and our vet has told us to keep him indoors for the next week or so. Collies being collies they need LOADS of exercise.

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I might entertain Archie over the next few days?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Try feeding him from a kong. If you freeze it as well it will take ages to eat it so will keep him occupied.
    I would suggest crate rest too. But im sure the vet has already told you that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Yes, he's resting. I'd imagine the next day or to will be ok but once he starts to get a little better and has been indoors for so long it will get a bit harder.

Have a Kong in the freezer as I type!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Poor Archie!
    you could get imaginative and think up some games, that will use his mind as well as a bit of energy without exerting his damaged paw:

Hide a bit of kibble in a layers of screwed up newspaper, let him get it open
    Hide a toy somewhere around the room and let him find it (first few times let him see where you're hiding it, so he gets the idea!)
    Put a bit of kibble in an old sock, and see how he does getting it out
    Tug of war with just his mouth with him on 1 end of the sofa, u on the other end
    BIG Bones from the butcher
    Teach him some new tricks!
    Im sure if you google the subject you will come up with some more ideas
    Hope the week passes quickly

Advertisement