Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your complete smoking story

• 22-06-2013 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Where did you start? What do you smoke? Your fav smoking locations / smoke of the day? etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mikey767

Where did you start? What do you smoke? Your fav smoking locations / smoke of the day? etc.

I've wanted to smoke as long as i remember but couldn't while i was living at home so had ta wait until i was 18 and in college. First day of college bought ten john player blue. Once i had the hang of it changed to Benson and haven't looked back since.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 galway_dude24

mikey767 wrote: »
    I've wanted to smoke as long as i remember but couldn't while i was living at home so had ta wait until i was 18 and in college. First day of college bought ten john player blue. Once i had the hang of it changed to Benson and haven't looked back since.

And did the folks find out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

About 22 years ago / Pall Mall - cheapest legal cigs around here / Wherever I need one - no real favs / First and last of the day - both in bed

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Right. Definitely time for bed...

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mikey767

And did the folks find out?

No, it never came up lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

When I was around 12ish, starting by smoking some sort of grass(not hash:) ) maybe it was called hogweed. I was the last of my friends to give in to peer pressure. Didnt inhale at first, then my friends would give out to me for wasting the cigarette! The first couple of time inhaling made me so light headed but I persevered and still smoke 17 years later. Started on jpb when the were around 1.40£ for 10 and now smoke roll ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

First smoke was when I was about 10/11 (am now 39 y/o). Older cousin gave it to me. First bought a pack when about 13 or 14, Carrolls Kings (not sure if they still make them). They cost under 1 punt for 10 & a box of matches (97p sticked in my head for some reason). Smoked B&H most of my smoking life but on the rollies for the last number of years. Just been given 2 cartons of American Spirit. Quite enjoying them as a bit of a change. Favorite fag of the day, first one of the day with a good espresso.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I started at the age of 16 in Transition Year, if memory serves i actually went and asked a friend if i could borrow a Silk Cut Purple from her, parents weren't exactly happy when they found out, 3 years later i've experimented with tobacco and Benson's until i finally settled on Marlboro Reds

• Registered Users Posts: 18 CNR94

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I started at the age of 16 in Transition Year, if memory serves i actually went and asked a friend if i could borrow a Silk Cut Purple from her, parents weren't exactly happy when they found out, 3 years later i've experimented with tobacco and Benson's until i finally settled on Marlboro Reds

How much is a pack of Marlboro Reds in shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CNR94 wrote: »
    How much is a pack of Marlboro Reds in shops?

€9.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 gjose

I was a freshman student back then in the university when I took my first hit. I was 18 already then. Suddenly hooked when my old man passed away. It was a Philip Morris, quite strong for a novice, yes. Haha /fave hangout is in coffee shops/ whenever I have the urge

Advertisement