Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSS - Responsive and Fluid

Options
  • 22-06-2013 4:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42

Can Somebody tell me the difference between responsive web design and fluid grids.

Also if anybody knows where I can get some good video tuts on how to implement responsive web design or fluid grids so that all my websites work in all types of devices.

Oh and by the way mainly work using Wordpress and Dreamweaver.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

You might get a better response in the design forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Fluid grids merely rearrange the layout to fit the screen size and can be thought of as a subset of Responsive Design (simplistic explanation so caveats may apply). RWD has much more to it including: responsive image sizing, media queries, server side matters, element reformatting (think of the likes of nav bars changing from horizontal tabs to thumb-friendly vertical button menus for smaller devices), changing content for device usage scenarios, etc...

Advertisement