Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is she really too thin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

Hips to feet borderline emaciated? Jesus, you'd have a heart attack if you saw my 40kg girlfriend.

Weight not important. BMI is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭leewarden

Hips to feet borderline emaciated? Jesus, you'd have a heart attack if you saw my 40kg girlfriend.

At that weight, she is emaciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

leewarden wrote: »
    Ah maybe she has a very slender build, to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Ah maybe she has a very slender build, to be fair.

I hope she isn't 6'2''

leewarden wrote: »

No, she has a very very slender build, eats more than my chubby ass and most people think she's gorgeous.

But then people like you would look at her, assume she eats cotton wool and call her skinny and emaciated to her face.

I hope she isn't 6'2''

According to BMI calculator anything taller than 4 ft 10 inches and she is too skinny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I think she looked better (and better proportioned) before TBH and anyone who thinks that was "fat" or "BBW" is exactly why we have young girls/women starving themselves in the first place.

Curves ftw... the stick insect look does nothing for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

assume she eats cotton wool

Ewwww....Jesus

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I think she looked better (and better proportioned) before TBH and anyone who thinks that was "fat" or "BBW" is exactly why we have young girls/women starving themselves in the first place.

And phrases like "stick insect" is so nice for young women? that's not a problem?.......interesting

I wouldn't say the girl is fat but she is overweight,not by much imo but still overweight,i have a friend who puts up with **** all the time about being a "stick insect",it isn't any different to being called fatty or whatever,if this woman is curvy what do we call women like Scarlet Johanson who have actual curves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Ah, come off it. She is most definitely fat in the first picture.

I am a woman and TBH would rather look like after than before.
    Not cos i think it looks good but cos i think more people find that attractive.
    Sad or wah?

carrig2 wrote: »
    I am a woman and TBH would rather look like after than before.
    Not cos i think it looks good but cos i think more people find that attractive.
    Sad or wah?

Neither I would say....honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The bolded part being the operative bit =p

She was medically overweight in the first picture, that's not to say she wasn't attractive or indeed preferable to a lot of people that way. The fact that people are insulting and ridiculing her for trying to become healthier and happier as a person is a bit depressing really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Lads I'm surprised that by now nobody has commented on the shìtty photoshop job in the second pic where her bra strap comes off the left cup and somebody must have nudged the photoshop guy -

Look at her hand holding the phone, the bra strap comes out over her wrist and disappears.

Anyway, the first photo is taken from a shìtty angle too tbf, whereas the second photo is straight on profile shot.

I wouldn't find her attractive in either photo to be honest about it, but certainly she looks fitter and healthier in the second photo, and I don't think she looks too skinny, but it's definitely still a shìt photoshop job where they could've rubbed out stretch marks and taken a few inches off her ribs and hips.

I think the legs just look thinner because of the position of the phone taking the picture up so high from the ground which makes her legs look longer and thinner than they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    Facebook has these ads popping up everywhere and this one came up on my feed.
    That looks like more than 2 stone :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Would probably hit it after 4 duvels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Most fellas saying she is "too thin" are just whiteknighting women on their own facebooks so they look sensitive.

Aidric wrote: »
    Would probably hit it after 4 duvels.

But which one??

Id be grand with either....but preferably the second

caustic 1 wrote: »
    Hubby says you would loss her in a wrinkle in the blanket in bed at night, thinks she better before. I think she pretty girl and I do think she is too thin inbetween the two would be perfect, that's only my opinion though, different strokes for different folks.

Bet he lies to u all the time.

Do men actually find the before picture that unattractive. :(
    Never gonna get a man so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Lads I'm surprised that by now nobody has commented on the shìtty photoshop job in the second pic where her bra strap comes off the left cup and somebody must have nudged the photoshop guy -

Look at her hand holding the phone, the bra strap comes out over her wrist and disappears.

She's wearing a halterneck top. It goes across at an angle and around the neck (look at the strap that is visible). Her hand is covering the other strap.

Weight not important. BMI is

Not really. BMI is a poor measure for anyone who is into any type of resistance training. It takes no account of muscle mass.

Do men actually find the before picture that unattractive. :(
    Never gonna get a man so

I would say its more in comparison to the second pic.....shes attractive either way,but to be honest more so in the second(imo I should add before the PCers jump in)

But which one??

Id be grand with either....but preferably the second

The improved one obviously. Big chicks hold no attraction for me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'm thinner than her in the second photo and think she looks good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Can't help but notice that the profile pics of a lot of the vitriolic comments feature women who are chubby at best.

I'd consider myself to be very similarly proportioned to the lady in the first pic, asked the OH and he agrees. If correct that would make her borderline obese on the BMI, not a healthy weight and not just slightly overweight either. Putting forward the idea that that is healthy is just as bad as putting forward the idea that somebody who is all ribs is healthy.

Photoshopped or not I think she looks a little boyish in the second picture but I do think she has a much more attractive body in the second picture. I would like to be somewhere in between. Although the boyishness of the second picture could be down to the lack of hips more than the weight loss.

Aidric wrote: »
    The improved one obviously. Big chicks hold no attraction for me.

Me either....but I don't think shes that big tbh,i find the second far more attractive but shes quite attractive anyway I think

Can't help but notice that the profile pics of a lot of the vitriolic comments feature women who are chubby at best.

Just checked a few and yes ha ha......she looks very healthy in the second pic,thin but certainly not Victoria Beckham thin or anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

john_cappa wrote: »
    Most fellas saying she is "too thin" are just whiteknighting women on their own facebooks so they look sensitive.

Even those of us posting here pseudonymously?.

Men like curves, and a bit of a smile. She needed to lose weight in the first photo, nobody likes a belly, but not that much.

And I don't see her as toned in the second photo. Not seeing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

There's not a woman in the world who would rather look like the first pic than the second. Males I can see having differing opinions but women absolutely not, all the comments just indicate a lot of jealousy, probably because they've been trying to do what she did and failed.

I don't think she did it in 5 weeks without something a bit strange though but that's off topic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Anyway, the first photo is taken from a shìtty angle too tbf, whereas the second photo is straight on profile shot.

I wouldn't find her attractive in either photo to be honest about it, but certainly she looks fitter and healthier in the second photo, and I don't think she looks too skinny, but it's definitely still a shìt photoshop job where they could've rubbed out stretch marks and taken a few inches off her ribs and hips.

I think the legs just look thinner because of the position of the phone taking the picture up so high from the ground which makes her legs look longer and thinner than they are.

Cmon Czarcasm with b00bs like that who is looking at her straps?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

"She was fat before"

"No she was curvy and healthy"

"She's slim and healthy now"

"No she's thin and looks like a boy"

"People saying she's too thin are fat jealous women"

"Stick insect..."

"BBW..."

"emaciated"

"too thin..."

"too fat..."

"fat v curvy"

"bigger chicks"

"BMI"

**shoots self in head**

Another delightful day of original content in AH I see.

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    She's wearing a halterneck top. It goes across at an angle and around the neck (look at the strap that is visible). Her hand is covering the other strap.

Is it? Or is the top of the cup triangle covering her wrist? Look closer -

Scr000005_1.jpg

(I'm on mobile at the moment so took that screenshot on the phone, but hopefully you can see what I'm talking about)

Even those of us posting here pseudonymously?.

Men like curves, and a bit of a smile. She needed to lose weight in the first photo, nobody likes a belly, but not that much.

And I don't see her as toned in the second photo. Not seeing that.

I assume most are being honest in here. There may be the odd one with an online persona to keep up. I am more talking about the on Facebook comments of "she is way to thin, poor girl that she feels like she needs to be so thin. Real men like meat not bones" type comments from men. Clearly fishing for likes and browning points.

I don't like either pic by the way. Neither body shape is terrible but neither is ideal. Add about 4 or 5 kg of pure muscle on to her and then she would fit as hell!

beks101 wrote: »
    "She was fat before"

"No she was curvy and healthy"

"She's slim and healthy now"

"No she's thin and looks like a boy"

"People saying she's too thin are fat jealous women"

"Stick insect..."

"BBW..."

"emaciated"

"too thin..."

"too fat..."

"fat v curvy"

"bigger chicks"

"BMI"

**shoots self in head**

Another delightful day of original content in AH I see.

he he he

pseudonymously?.

Superb adverb use, Duggy.

Mariasofia wrote: »
    Cmon Czarcasm with b00bs like that who is looking at her straps?? :)

What can I say Maria, I'm a picky fcuker :D

No secret around here that I prefer fat girls to slim girls, but for me personally I wouldn't be attracted to her anyway in either pic, though she looks fitter and healthier in the second pic, I wouldn't consider her TOO thin, so at least the photoshop guy showed some restraint :pac:

I don't like either pic by the way. Neither body shape is terrible but neither is ideal. Add about 4 or 5 kg of pure muscle on to her and then she would fit as hell!

You really don't have a clue how much 4 or 5kg of pure muscle is do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I don't think she's too thin at all, but nobody goes from being that, frankly, flabby (in the sense that in the first pic she has absolutely no real muscle definition or tone) to that well toned in 5 weeks. Losing that much weight might be do-able with a crash diet in that time, but that kind of toning - nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Is it? Or is the top of the cup triangle covering her wrist? Look closer -

Scr000005_1.jpg

(I'm on mobile at the moment so took that screenshot on the phone, but hopefully you can see what I'm talking about)

Oh, ok I see what you mean now. To be honest I have no idea if it's photoshopped or not. :/

What can I say Maria, I'm a picky fcuker :D

No secret around here that I prefer fat girls to slim girls, but for me personally I wouldn't be attracted to her anyway in either pic, though she looks fitter and healthier in the second pic, I wouldn't consider her TOO thin, so at least the photoshop guy showed some restraint :pac:

You made a good attempt anyway to pretend you weren't looking. Look at her strap and look at the hand holding her phone lol ;)

You really don't have a clue how much 4 or 5kg of pure muscle is do you?
    Considering I am the only one in the thread to critise people using BMI as a measure then..... Yeah I have a fair idea of what an extra 4 kilo of muscle would look like on her.

Mariasofia wrote: »
    You made a good attempt anyway to pretend you weren't looking. Look at her strap and look at the hand holding her phone lol ;)

:D

Considering I am the only one in the thread to critise people using BMI as a measure then..... Yeah I have a fair idea of what an extra 4 kilo of muscle would look like on her.

5kg of pure muscle and 5kg of "mass" are completely different things. Where do you suggest this muscle goes? 5kg of muscle on her legs would give her bigger quads than professional male athletes.

I've had occasion to use that line myself :) Great b00bs are a curse a curse I tell you!

• Advertisement

5kg of pure muscle and 5kg of "mass" are completely different things. Where do you suggest this muscle goes? 5kg of muscle on her legs would give her bigger quads than professional male athletes.

Which is why I said 5 kg of pure muscle. Let me explain it for you are you ate clearly being a little slow.

When I said I think she would look great with an extra 5 kg of pure muscle. I meant she would look great with an extra 5 kg of muscle but no fat gain. Hence her body fat level would remain the same ( well actually it would drop in terms of percentage but lets not complicate it).

Why would the 5 kg go just on her quads. Are you ****ing retarded? The mass goes all over obviously.

Just looked at the facebook comments again.. "She looks hungry", "Anorexic", etc.

I thought it was bad when being fat became acceptable but now, is being normal becoming "too thin"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

I know she kind of invited it by putting her pic out there, but I think the amount of casual body snark we all do wrt women's bodies is horrible. Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with the second pic (Czarcasm made a good point about the angle of the selfie giving a distorted perspective of her lower body).
    IMHO if you can see someone's ribs they look a bit too skinny for me personally to consider them attractive, but good Christ that doesn't mean I'd post comments on facebook telling them about it. Those are some nasty b1tches on that fb page.
    Some people like to pretend they're only thinking of the health angle when the truth is they just feel like they have the right to try to tell strangers that their body shape is "wrong" whether that's "too fat" or "too thin." IMO that's the destructive thing - young girls feeling constantly judged on their body shape and making dangerous choices because of that pressure. I don't think that's enough on its own to make someone develop an eating disorder - people who get anorexia etc usually have other issues driving it - but it's definitely a factor.

It's not just "You need to be skinny", it's the fact that people feel so free to judge women's bodies in general that's the root problem. Heavier girls feel pressure to be thin; skinny girls feel they're not "curvy" enough/their boobs are too small etc. There's no one " perfect" body shape and yet nearly every woman I know has some aspect of her body shape that she feels insecure about.
    I can think of so many young girls who would be amazed to read some of the comments in this thread saying "she looked nicer in the first picture" because the media is constantly telling them that nobody will find them attractive if they are not size 6 or whatever:( It just shows how unrealistic it is to try to fit some vague ideal of body shape based on media images, because they don't reflect all the different shapes that real people find attractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Holy jebus she looks crackin fit in the right. What the hell is wrong with people to suggest she looks A: Better and B: healthier in the left photo? Is it just women being bitchy and jealous or have people really gotten so stupid to think it's good to be a fatty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    Facebook has these ads popping up everywhere and this one came up on my feed.

I dunno, its a tricky one to discern but at least you can see her gap on the right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement