Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny & Deise shows next week?

• 22-06-2013 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭

Howdy boardsies.

Myself and the missus are off on camping trip number 3 this year next weekend. We're probably going to base ourselves in tramore (camping) and catch one if not both IKC shows next weekend.

I've lived in Kilkenny so know it quite well. Tramore and Waterford are new to us both.

Any advice on nice walks (Tramore beach seems restricted 11-7?) or a pet friendly place to grab some grub on Saturday in waterford/tramore would be great.

And if anyone is showing or attending, we'll be hard to miss (with the only husky not being shown, and sporting an x back style harness as opposed to a show lead)... do say hello!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ill be there at both shows so if you see me at the Rottie ring come say hi.
    I can't help you on the walk situation as ill just be at the shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

Hooked wrote: »
    Howdy boardsies.

Myself and the missus are off on camping trip number 3 this year next weekend. We're probably going to base ourselves in tramore (camping) and catch one if not both IKC shows next weekend.

I've lived in Kilkenny so know it quite well. Tramore and Waterford are new to us both.

Any advice on nice walks (Tramore beach seems restricted 11-7?) or a pet friendly place to grab some grub on Saturday in waterford/tramore would be great.

And if anyone is showing or attending, we'll be hard to miss (with the only husky not being shown, and sporting an x back style harness as opposed to a show lead)... do say hello!

I've walked my dog out at tramore loads and there's no restriction on when u can walk just keep your dog on the lead and all is grand :-) Woodstown beach Is another nice place for walks or saleens beach also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭sdp

Hi Hooked, part of Tramore beach is restricted

In addition to the general requirements under the beach bye-laws, the walking of dogs on Woodstown, Tramore, Bunmahon, Clonea, Ardmore and Dunmore East beaches is controlled under the Control of Dogs Bye-laws 2003. Dogs are not permitted within designated areas of the beaches between the hours of 11.00 a.m. and 7.00 p.m. during the months of June, July and August.

but if you go down to the far end of the beach to the sand hills, I think you can walk your dog there at any time, but could be wrong, hope you have a lovely time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Cheers sdp. I assumed as much. That's fine, we can get him down early on sat and Sunday for a stroll on the beach and maybe do Saturday evening (after 7).

Andreac - please do give us a wave if you see us wandering about as I've no clue what you look like...

As I said, we'll be the only (or one of a few) couples with a husky in an xback harness as we're not showing. Probably struggling to find Hugo's 'off' switch. He has that 'play with me' energy when surrounded by dogs at shows.

If anyone has advice on a dog friendly place in tramore or waterford to get some grub Saturday it would be great. Failing that, it'll be the a la carte at the campsite...

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Hiya, I hope you get into the show okay, but a lot of them won't allow dogs on site that aren't entered into the actual show, not sure how much they enforce it at these two shows, Andrea would probably know though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

When you're in Tramore head to the Back Strand, down towards the sand dunes. It's a lovely walk for dogs and the beach there is generally a lot quieter than the main part of the beach.

Technically they arent allowed at the shows if they arent entered in the show, but they rarely police it. But just be aware you COULD be asked to leave with your dog.

Just make sure your dogs vaccinations are up to date.

andreac wrote: »
    Technically they arent allowed at the shows if they arent entered in the show, but they rarely police it. But just be aware you COULD be asked to leave with your dog.

Just make sure your dogs vaccinations are up to date.

Really? I didn't realise that. But I guess the last 2 shows we were at were Limerick and mallow, and as we knew the limerick organisers, and mallow was relaxed, nothing was said to me about this. Good to know. Thanks.

Well, Kilkenny at least won't be an issue as I can't see Hugos breeder (who runs the show) kicking him (us) out.

I'm sure they'll vouch for us in Waterford if we're spotted loitering amongst the 'competitors'.

Thanks again for the info!

Were they ikc champ shows though?

The schedules for those shows would have the info in them about that. If everyone decided to bring their dogs along it would be a bit mental.
    But just be aware that they could say about your dog but more than likely they won't.

Oh did you get him off Anita? Know her well and yeah, you will be grand then :-)

andreac wrote: »
    Were they ikc champ shows though?

The schedules for those shows would have the info in them about that. If everyone decided to bring their dogs along it would be a bit mental.
    But just be aware that they could say about your dog but more than likely they won't.

Oh did you get him off Anita? Know her well and yeah, you will be grand then :-)

Oh, I totally agree. If everyone brought their pets to these shows it would be bedlam. They were ikc shows alright but my dad knows the Cox's quite well, so limerick wasn't an issue. And we just arrived at mallow a few weeks back and nothing was said. I didn't even think about it till it was mentioned here/above.

We'll probably pop over to the Deise show to see the huskies after we pack up our tent - and hopefully get to say hi to Anita and co. I'm mad to see Flint in the ring (if indeed he is there) and see who else she has with her. Just to say hi before heading home.

But I totally understand that we may be asked to leave either show. Rules are rules.

• Advertisement

Ah I doubt you will so dont worry.

Oh flint, what an amazing dog!! Is he your dogs sire?

Advertisement