Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Itaste MVP trouble

Options
  • 22-06-2013 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

I got my first box mod about a month ago,an MVP,it worked great for about 3 weeks,then started turning itself off for no apparent reason and then stopped working alltogether.
    Prior to this my T2 got stuck on it ,and I had to use a lot of force to get it off ,the receiver head popped up about 3mm while doing this.
    I opened it and had a look,the two top wires were both broken and the top off the little fire button,the wires used seem very flimsy for a 50 odd quid battery.
    I had a look on some other forums,and see that a lot of people have had a similar problem ,with heads getting stuck on the receiver,this wouldn't be a problem if the receiver wasn't prone to moving .
    Didn't contact the supplier yet as I wanted to see if anyone else had used the MVP,maybe this one was a Friday afternoon assembly.
    Just wondering if the fact I opened it affect me getting some sort of a replacement.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I'd imagine opening it will mean you won't have any comeback to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

I got my first box mod about a month ago,an MVP,it worked great for about 3 weeks,then started turning itself off for no apparent reason and then stopped working alltogether.
    Prior to this my T2 got stuck on it ,and I had to use a lot of force to get it off ,the receiver head popped up about 3mm while doing this.
    I opened it and had a look,the two top wires were both broken and the top off the little fire button,the wires used seem very flimsy for a 50 odd quid battery.
    I had a look on some other forums,and see that a lot of people have had a similar problem ,with heads getting stuck on the receiver,this wouldn't be a problem if the receiver wasn't prone to moving .
    Didn't contact the supplier yet as I wanted to see if anyone else had used the MVP,maybe this one was a Friday afternoon assembly.
    Just wondering if the fact I opened it affect me getting some sort of a replacement.

Thanks.

Dude to be honest,Im fcuking done with these cheaper mods.Seriously piissed off with them.My Innokin SVD has now decided its want to act up.
    The centre pin on the 510 connection has popped due to the rubber grommet being a flimsy piece of shiit.Still works,but I can only screw on tanks,attys etc a small amount so they wobble the fcuk all over the place.Its a real shame because otherwise,its a well made piece of kit,better than most in that price range.

And dont get me started on the Sigelei Zmax V3,that is now a toal dud,will not function at all!

Im not being much help here,but my advice would be to go out and get a Provari.Gonna hang the next Chinese **** I see(thats a joke!...I think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

To be fair though, I've had mine (mvp) for a month or so and dropped it a good few times without any ill effects. Fantastic battery life and charge on the go. I quite like it except for the form factor. I just don't like box mods unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

To be fair though, I've had mine (mvp) for a month or so and dropped it a good few times without any ill effects. Fantastic battery life and charge on the go. I quite like it except for the form factor. I just don't like box mods unfortunately.

I agree,it was a fantastic piece of kit till it stopped working,the size didn't bodder me at all,even though I opened it ,i'm going to see what the vendor is going to do about it,it was 55 quid not a tenner,and it should have worked properly for longer than 3/4 weeks:mad::mad::mad:.I have genuine ego c twists that are still working perfectly after a year of heavy use.
    Does anyone know if the guy from the Best shop in Galway is a member here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

I agree,it was a fantastic piece of kit till it stopped working,the size didn't bodder me at all,even though I opened it ,i'm going to see what the vendor is going to do about it,it was 55 quid not a tenner,and it should have worked properly for longer than 3/4 weeks:mad::mad::mad:.I have genuine ego c twists that are still working perfectly after a year of heavy use.
    Does anyone know if the guy from the Best shop in Galway is a member here ?

Not sure if hes a member or not,but going on personal experience,I'm sure he will see you right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Dont think he is a member, best way to contact him is his mobile no. which is on his site or an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

Not sure if hes a member or not,but going on personal experience,I'm sure he will see you right.

I've bought a good bit of stuff from them,and would highly recommend them,good service and very keen prices,i just wanted to see if anyone else had a bad experience with a MVP

Advertisement