Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog found

Options
  • 22-06-2013 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭

I found this dog in the blanchardstown area today. No collar but he seems well fed and is very friendly. He has a distinctive patch on his nose.
    If anybody knows anything gimme a shout.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Falconno4

Cracking dog, fair play for taking it home for the time being, hope someone out there claims this beautiful animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Please keep us updated on what happens to the dog please

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Can i hijack your thread sorry! I also found a dog (beautiful female neutered black and white collie x) on Thursday in Waterville. She has a purple collar but no tag or isnt microchipped. I have rang the vets,pound, have her up on a few websites and nothing. So odd, she's really well looked after. PM if anyone knows her.

f9dm.jpg

anniehoo wrote: »
    Can i hijack your thread sorry! I also found a dog (beautiful female neutered black and white collie x) on Thursday in Waterville. She has a purple collar but no tag or isnt microchipped. I have rang the vets,pound, have her up on a few websites and nothing. So odd, she's really well looked after. PM if anyone knows her.

f9dm.jpg

Maybe post some things on the lampposts?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Just an update:
    I can't hold onto the dog for long so if anybody knows the owner, I'll be dropping him into botanic vetinary clinic on the botanic road tomorrow morning. The vet there said she'll hold onto him until the owner comes forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Further update:
    I got the dog scanned and he is not micro-chipped. He is approx 5-6 years old.
    The only place that would take him was the pound but I didn't want to do that as they will out him down if he's not claimed. My friend will be holding onto the dog until someone comes forward.

If anybody know the owner, send me a pm and I'll reunite them.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭d9oiu2wk07blr5

OP, try dogsaid or DAR which is a little further afield.

http://www.dogsaid.ie/

http://www.dar.ie/

El Guapo! wrote: »
    The only place that would take him was the pound but I didn't want to do that as they will out him down if he's not claimed. My friend will be holding onto the dog until someone comes forward. .
    Fair play to ya El Guapo, not everyone would go to that effort for a stray dog. I'm in the same predicament, still no sign of the owner for my dog either and i dont want to go the Pound route either. I'll hang on to her for as long as i can, but i have notices in all the usual spots now and lots of websites, so there's no excuse for the owners not finding her.

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Further update:
    I got the dog scanned and he is not micro-chipped. He is approx 5-6 years old.
    The only place that would take him was the pound but I didn't want to do that as they will out him down if he's not claimed. My friend will be holding onto the dog until someone comes forward.

If anybody know the owner, send me a pm and I'll reunite them.

Cheers.
    anniehoo wrote: »
    Fair play to ya El Guapo, not everyone would go to that effort for a stray dog. I'm in the same predicament, still no sign of the owner for my dog either and i dont want to go the Pound route either. I'll hang on to her for as long as i can, but i have notices in all the usual spots now and lots of websites, so there's no excuse for the owners not finding her.
    Fair play to both of you. If either of my dogs went missing, I would be checking websites hourly and checking all local shops a couple of times a day.

I'll keep an eye out for signs up in shops etc.

I "potentially" (fingers crossed) have a home for my one, but will give the owners 5 full days which will be Tuesday to reclaim. That's all she would've gotten if picked up by a warden and impounded so i'll afford them the same.

• Advertisement

Owner found.....FINALLY!

I better clarify to peeps why i pick up strays...as i have gotten sooooo many different opinions from people about this dog over the last few days. If this dog was picked up by a dog warden, she would have been impounded and by law has 5 days to be reclaimed. Day 5 would've been tomorrow!!!If not reclaimed the pound (by law) could put her to sleep. I don't think many people realise this.

I don't pick these dogs up "for the craic"...i see the otherside of the situation which is dogs in the pound (not a nice place) who may or may not make it out alive. This is THE LAW unfortunately...so while it might seem totally and utterly mental keeping a random unknown dog...the alternative is a million times worse!!

Microchip your pet peeps, it's so cheap (even free with the DSPCA). The owner was so delighted to get her back and said she had a tag on her collar up until last week. One scan of her neck for a chip n she would've been home by Friday aft and saved all the drama and effort x Also it is ILLEGAL to have your dog out roaming by itself. No amount of telling a warden "she was just out for a wander, or she knows where she lives", will make a cent of difference to a guy doing his government job!

One VERY happy dog and owner reunited after a small bit of effort.

And again, sorry El Guapo! for hijacking your thread. You are doing an AMAZING thing and i hope your doggy is just as lucky ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

The pair of ya deserve a medal. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Great news you found the dogs owner!!
    Just edited out bit about freedog microchipping in Blanch the weekend as you've aready started a thread on it! Fair play .

Advertisement