Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing and Weight lifting

Options
  • 22-06-2013 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi Boarders,

I surf and have also started lifting weights. I had been using circuit training but would like a little more mass so on a 16 week programme. Question is; can I surf and lift weights on the same day or is that over doing it?

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I'd say yes, unless you're doing serious weights or you're surfing at a competitive level.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭leblanc

Cheers Coptoor. Alas Im doing neither ...... yet. Went at the weights last night after 2 hours out on the water.. dont feel any the worse for ware today when I went out for another 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

just make sure you give your body a rest the days after, the next day or 2 you may ache alot

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Haven't weight trained on surfing days. but have had some pretty heavy swim training sessions and weight training on the same day.

Nice to be able to to get in enough surf days for you to be concerned that it'll impact your weight training, IMO. I'm jealous.

Advertisement