Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 5 Wont start up, Please Help

• 22-06-2013 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all

Im praying I can get some positive help here. I bought an Iphone 5 from a chap who was selling his upgrade phone. Its locked to Vodafone and I dont have a nano sim in it yet. I factory reset the phone and updated the os to 6.1.4 yesterday. The reason for the factory reset was because the phone would not switch off, it kept rebooting itself. Reinstalling the software appeared to work, with the on off anyway. Today I went to turn it on and nothing, dead as a Doh Doh, tried the home and power button, but nothing!!!! Im all out of Ideas??? Itunes doesnt recognise and device plugged in either.

Please help....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Have you tried charging it? it takes a few minutes for it to turn on when plugged in

• Registered Users Posts: 6 davecp200841

Yes, its on charge about an hour and a half now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭meercat

try pressing the 2 buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds

Have done that also, no luck Im afraid :-(:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Step 1: Try doing this.Put a vodafone nano sim card into the phone. Have the Iphone charging wire USB end connected to your PC or MAC leaving the iphone end free from the phone also have itunes open.

Step 2: Hold down the sleep and home button at the same time for just over 10 seconds, release the sleep button while still holding the home button down and connect the lighting connector wire to your iPhone. That will force it into recovery mode. it will ask you to instal the latest version of IOS.

Edit you will need an operator sim card to make things go a lot easier

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, could it be the fact that I dont have a nano sim in the phone be effecting this, should it not start up regardless and go to the screen as if your starting with a new phone and have to activate it? cheers

Thanks for that, could it be the fact that I dont have a nano sim in the phone be effecting this, should it not start up regardless and go to the screen as if your starting with a new phone and have to activate it? cheers

Dont know mate I never tried to restore an iphone without a sim card in it before. Hopefully that works anyway

Many thanks again, I will get the nano sim in the morning and give it another go.:)

Many thanks again, I will get the nano sim in the morning and give it another go.:)

HT1808-connect_to_itunes-002-en.png

This is the result you want after doing the above steps. It may take a couple of attempts by the way.

Advertisement