Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin airport parking 30+ days?

Options
  • 22-06-2013 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

I'm going on a trip which is lasting over 30 days. The outbound flight leaves at a very awkward time so I can't get a bus from where I live. A taxi would cost too much. Preferably I'd like to drive there myself but is there anywhere I could leave my car relatively cheap for 5ish weeks? I came across the Bewleys Park and Fly but the only options it gave me was for up to 22 nights parking and I would need more.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Asking a friend to drive me isn't an option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,692 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I'm sure Bewleys would do you some sort of a deal for staying that long. Probably something like a set amount for every 7 days over the 22 nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PurplePoodle

Have you tried www.parksmart.ie?

It searches all the car parks and gives you the prices for them all - I usually use the Airside Wright Venue one.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,610 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Try Quickpark.ie, they offer free jump start which you will likely need after 5 weeks.

It would probably cheaper to get the bus up the night before and stay in a hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Pipmae

The City North Hotel in Gormanston offer a Park and Fly option if you stay with them. It might be worth booking in the night before and availing of their free airport transfer in order to leave your car there free of charge (at least I think it is free). Their overnight rates appear reasonable on first glance and it is a 15 min drive to the airport.

I suppose it depends what direction you are travelling from. It adds a good bit to your journey if you are coming from the South or West.

http://www.citynorthhotel.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Got it sorted thanks. Hoping I won't be needing any jumpstart after 5 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Hoping I won't be needing any jumpstart after 5 weeks!
    I used to work in the long term car parks in Dublin Airport. Most cars parked longer than 4 weeks required a jump start.

I used to work in the long term car parks in Dublin Airport. Most cars parked longer than 4 weeks required a jump start.

Let's hope someone has some jump leads handy then! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Pipmae wrote: »
    it is a 15 min drive to the airport.

Balbriggan to the airport, driving at the speed limit and no traffic takes about 20 mins so it would be more realistic to allow 25 - 30 mins from city north just to be safe, and longer at peak times as the donabate junction is still a pain in the backside between 7.30 and 9.00 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Little Ted wrote: »
    Balbriggan to the airport, driving at the speed limit and no traffic takes about 20 mins so it would be more realistic to allow 25 - 30 mins from city north just to be safe, and longer at peak times as the donabate junction is still a pain in the backside between 7.30 and 9.00 in the morning.

J4 works are finished and there's 3 lanes south of here for the last week and a bit.

Google says it's 27km from city north to the Airport, and only 4km is not 120 limit, so that's only 11.5 mins for the motorway section and however long it takes to get into the airport from the mainline of the M1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Little Ted wrote: »
    It takes 15 mins off peak - I do the journey regularly at the speed limit. Carawaystick has explained it. ;) I got from the OP that it is a red eye flight (or at least red eye check in) given the bus isn't an option. I suppose I should have qualified that - it could indeed take closer to 20/23 mins in peak time traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Pipmae wrote: »
    It takes 15 mins off peak - I do the journey regularly at the speed limit. Carawaystick has explained it. ;) I got from the OP that it is a red eye flight (or at least red eye check in) given the bus isn't an option. I suppose I should have qualified that - it could indeed take closer to 20/23 mins in peak time traffic.

If you say so...the fact that the M1 is only a two lane motorway must be irrelevant :rolleyes:
    All I know is that at 7.30 most mornings when I'm heading to work the volume of traffic usually means that you can't drive at the speed limit and it would regularly take me 20 mins at a minimum from the Balbriggan junction to the airport junction. My advice was purely as a heads up for anyone who is travelling during peak times to be realistic about how long that journey will take.

The city north hotel is in Meath after all so lets be realistic here about just how 'close' it is to the airport.

Haha well isn't this going off on a tangent! I was quoted €134 for parking + cost of staying in hotel €129 I think it was.... but I managed to get the City North for less than €100 - parking is FREE for the duration of your stay. City North is easy to get to and no distance from the airport. I'll have loads of time to make it to the airport as it's not a peak time.

Advertisement