Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where & When to do test

Options
  • 22-06-2013 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi,

So I'm about to apply to my test (for the 2nd time and I'm gonna go on the cancellation list).
    I've heard the only a certain number of people can pass each month, and that if you do your test at the end of the month, they're stricter because their are less pass places available. So I've been told by people to try do my test at the beginning of the month. Does anybody know if there is any truth behind that.

My second question is do you think it would be better for me to do my test in a place with a higher pass rate. I live in Naas and the pass percentage is only 44% whereas in Ennis it its 68%. I have relatives in Ennis so I could easily sit it there but I know the roads in Naas well and have never driven in Ennis before. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭The_Nipper_One

The best place to do your test is around an area where you have experience driving and feel comfortable.

The whole thing of driving testers failing people to meet numbers sounds highly unlikely, and is probably illegal.
    Concentrate on learning how to drive properly and you will not have any problems passing the test unless you are extremely unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

Testers are not out to get you. The vast majority of them are dead on in my experience and there are no fail quotas. If you deserve to pass you will end of.

Sit the test in the area that you know. It's not what the stats say, it's how you're taught and perform on the day. If you'd like the number of an instructor in Naas PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Also remember about the pass % for test centres also would depend on the number of people who do the test in such places just because ennis has a higher pass rate doesnt mean more people pass there it just means a higher % of the number of people who took their test there passed.

I.e. Ennis had 1000 people do their test there and 68% passed 680 people passed
    but Naas had 8000 people and 44% passed so 3520 people passed.

The more people that use a test centre the lower the pass rate simply on volume as contrast to the difficulty of said test centres route or testers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Also remember about the pass % for test centres also would depend on the number of people who do the test in such places just because ennis has a higher pass rate doesnt mean more people pass there it just means a higher % of the number of people who took their test there passed.

I.e. Ennis had 1000 people do their test there and 68% passed 680 people passed
    but Naas had 8000 people and 44% passed so 3520 people passed.

The more people that use a test centre the lower the pass rate simply on volume as contrast to the difficulty of said test centres route or testers

A good point, the four Dublin centres are all under 45% pass rate, doesn't mean they're super strict.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Don't do your test in an area where you are not familiar with the roads. That would be crazy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement