Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved to tears by a song?

• 22-06-2013 10:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭

I have recently come to discover Pink Floyd (My girlfriend has been trying for three years) Anyway listening Brain Damage/Eclipse -the greatest bookend to any album I have yet listened to btw, uncontrollable tears! Every time I listen to it!
    Anyone else get the same thing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

I have recently come to discover Pink Floyd (My girlfriend has been trying for three years) Anyway listening Brain Damage/Eclipse -the greatest bookend to any album I have yet listened to btw, uncontrollable tears! Every time I listen to it!
    Anyone else get the same thing?

Nope. Unless maybe it was in a film soundtrack that related to a film. But then again I haven't cried in 25 years

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭SentinelStance

Me neither. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Rock fan

In my life by the beatles and lipstick by jedward for different reasons !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

This song never fails to draw tears ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ACtMyq-Eo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭OldRio

When I try to play a tune on my old acoustic guitar, it has been said people are moved to tears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Q. What's the difference between an Accordion and an Onion?

A. No one cries when you chop-up an Accordion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

DISCLAIMER: I was fifteen, split up with my first love, full of hormones and it was the mid eighties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Now, I can't tolerate Neil Young apart from that fabulous song.

Here's two more that move me ( a little ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Some of the above songs really would bring me to tears.

• Advertisement

Some of the above songs really would bring me to tears.

If you can't post in the spirit of the forum, then don't post.

-Funk

funk-you wrote: »
    If you can't post in the spirit of the forum, then don't post.

-Funk
    That was the light hearted response I was looking for to my tongue in cheek remark before I posted my song. Neil young Philadelphia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Spirtualizeds Broken Heart is a sure fire tear jerker ,,I have to avoid it completely..another one is another chance by Roger Sanchez and the original that he sampled ;(

That was the light hearted response I was looking for to my tongue in cheek remark before I posted my song. Neil young Philadelphia.

I'm not getting into a back and forth with you on thread. My statement stands. If you have a problem with it you can PM me any time.

-Funk

funk-you wrote: »
    I'm not getting into a back and forth with you on thread. My statement stands. If you have a problem with it you can PM me any time.

-Funk[/quote

Me neither.

Another is petardu by delorentos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Freebird! Think it reminds me of that time a seagul stole my subway when I wasn't looking. Or an ex. Whatevs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭4Sticks

Scorpions - We'll Burn the Sky from the Tokyo Tapes live LP/CD

This is the song I want played at my funeral, and I hope it makes everybody bawl like a newborn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Man of the World, especially when you consider what Peter Green was going through personally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I have to admit that I got teary eyed when I saw Jimmy Page perform 'Stairway to Heaven' on the double-neck at a show in Chicago '88.

It was just Jimmy and his guitar. There weren't any other members of the band on the stage. He played the opening 'riff' and then looked at the audience and said 'sing along'. There wasn't anyone in the room that didn't know the words. I still remember the chills up my spine when he went into the solo.

25 years ago and I can still hear it in my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭4Sticks

Advertisement