Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Offseason Thread 2013-2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Nate signs a 2 year deal with the Nuggets

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

If a team moves from the western to eastern conference, it'll be New Orleans. It's been hinted at a few times in the past they'd be the team to make way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    If a team moves from the western to eastern conference, it'll be New Orleans. It's been hinted at a few times in the past they'd be the team to make way.

Why, The Grizzlies are only in the West because the team was originally in Vancouver. The Pelicans (Hornets) belong in the east from the original franchise based in North Carolina

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Nate signs a 2 year deal with the Nuggets

Good for him. Played on a 1-year minimum contract last year, and probably had the best season of his career. Good to see him get a multi-year deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

padraig_f wrote: »
    Good for him. Played on a 1-year minimum contract last year, and probably had the best season of his career. Good to see him get a multi-year deal.

It's a 2 year $4m deal to Denver, who're likely going backwards after losing one of their best players and their coach. I feel a bit sorry for Nate. After his playoff performances, I'd like to have seen him land a spot with a contender and his contract isn't huge (marginally better than a veteran's minimum), though he does have the relative security of a 2 year deal.

• Advertisement

Mike Miller signs with Memphis but in a move likely to be the most interesting move of the summer from a boards.ie perspective John Wall and Wizards reprtedly close to signing 5 year $80m deal and giving him franchise status*.

*No further comment from me on this one!

The Wizards clearly have more money than sense.Wall will be sitting at home next May, counting his money while watching the the 1st round of the playoffs on TV

The Wizards clearly have more money than sense.Wall will be sitting at home next May, counting his money while watching the the 1st round of the playoffs on TV

Let the fun begin! ;) You obviously missed the last time this subject was brought up Dublin Red Devil? I wish you luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I really hope Oden doesn't end up at Miami, but I'd imagine he probably will given his other choices.

If they can get him on the floor, he's exactly what they need to help combat their Achilles heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Your right they could have signed Greivis Vasquez for that money:pac:

The sooner you realise that Wall is quality the better DRD, because they have Nene and Okafor back injury free paired with Wall and Beal, that's a playoff team. If the season started when Wall came back from then the Wizards would have been a playoff team. Wall is a baller.

• Advertisement

Can't see Washington making the Playoffs. It is possible but they would need allot of things to go their way.

I Have.

Miami
    Chicago
    Indiana
    Brooklyn
    New York
    Cleveland
    Detroit

The last spot will go to one of
    Toronto
    Atlanta
    Boston
    Washington

As for Wall. He's outside the top 10 PG in the NBA

Paul
    Rondo
    Rose
    Parker
    Westbrook
    Irving
    Williams
    Curry
    Lillard
    Holiday

Can't see Washington making the Playoffs. It is possible but they would need allot of things to go their way.

I Have.

Miami
    Chicago
    Indiana
    Brooklyn
    New York
    Cleveland
    Detroit

The last spot will go to one of
    Toronto
    Atlanta
    Boston
    Washington

The Pistons are far from dead certs, and the Celtics will be not even be in the running. Infact, I would say that they would be less likely then the Wizards to make the playoffs, They're trying to tank and get Wiggins, Parker or Smart, (or "rebuild")

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Felexicon

As for Wall. He's outside the top 10 PG in the NBA

Paul
    Rondo
    Rose
    Parker
    Westbrook
    Irving
    Williams
    Curry
    Lillard
    Holiday

Wall is better a better point guard than Westbrook, Williams and Holiday.

Is he a max/franchise guy? Not yet, but the Wizards have to act fast to keep talent and that's more than likely the reason he's got such a large contract.

buyer95 wrote: »
    The Pistons are far from dead certs, and the Celtics will be not even be in the running. Infact, I would say that they would be less likely then the Wizards to make the playoffs, They're trying to tank and get Wiggins, Parker or Smart, (or "rebuild")

Maybe Boston is a bit of a reach but Toronto and Atlanta are ahead of Washington in my opinion.

With the Celtics, It depend allot on Rondo. If he stays thay still have a little too much to completely tank. Bradley and Green are solid NBA starters who will now have bigger rolls in the team. I'm not saying they will definitely make the playoffs, Its unlikely. But they are not going to be that terrible. They still have more than the Hornets,Bucks,Magic and 76ers.

Felexicon wrote: »
    Wall is better a better point guard than Westbrook, Williams and Holiday.

Is he a max/franchise guy? Not yet, but the Wizards have to act fast to keep talent and that's more than likely the reason he's got such a large contract.

88337_original.gif

Maybe Boston is a bit of a reach but Toronto and Atlanta are ahead of Washington in my opinion.

With the Celtics, It depend allot on Rondo. If he stays thay still have a little too much to completely tank. Bradley and Green are solid NBA starters who will now have bigger rolls in the team. I'm not saying they will definitely make the playoffs, Its unlikely. But they are not going to be that terrible. They still have more than the Hornets,Bucks,Magic and 76ers.

I agree that the Celtics sucking completely or being mediocre depends on whether Ainge decides to trade Rondo or not. But Rondo could be out untill Christmas, and I can't imagine a team with Green as the go too guy being anything but terrible. Green is basically a by word for inconsistency. But if the Celtics get off to a terrible start, what you could see happening is Rondo coming back in January, playing 4 or 5 games so the C's can prove his fitness, and then trade him for picks and young talent. Either way, I really can't see Boston getting in the playoffs next year.

As for your assertion that Boston still has moretalent then New Orleans, I have to disagree. Jrue Holiday, Eric Gordon, Tyreke Evans, Ryan Anderson and Anthony Davis will make the Pelicans very competitive imo. I think they could be a wild card play off team.

buyer95 wrote: »
    I agree that the Celtics sucking completely or being mediocre depends on whether Ainge decides to trade Rondo or not. But Rondo could be out untill Christmas, and I can't imagine a team with Green as the go too guy being anything but terrible. Green is basically a by word for inconsistency. But if the Celtics get off to a terrible start, what you could see happening is Rondo coming back in January, playing 4 or 5 games so the C's can prove his fitness, and then trade him for picks and young talent. Either way, I really can't see Boston getting in the playoffs next year.

As for your assertion that Boston still has moretalent then New Orleans, I have to disagree. Jrue Holiday, Eric Gordon, Tyreke Evans, Ryan Anderson and Anthony Davis will make the Pelicans very competitive imo. I think they could be a wild card play off team.

You obviously know I was referring to the Charlotte Hornets. Poor attempt at being a smart ass

Personally I'd go for Toronto for that the 8th spot

They have 2 young stars in Gay and DeRozan. An improving Center in Valanciunas, 2nd season for Ross, They have added Novak and Hansbrough
    They look pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

You obviously know I was referring to the Charlotte Hornets. Poor attempt at being a smart ass

They don't become the Charlotte Hornets until the 2014/15 season smartass.

[QUOTE=Dublin Red Devil;85709830]You obviously know I was referring to the Charlotte Hornets. Poor attempt at being a smart ass

Personally I'd go for Toronto for that the 8th spot

They have 2 young stars in Gay and DeRozan. An improving Center in Valanciunas, 2nd season for Ross, They have added Novak and Hansbrough
    They look pretty good[/QUOTE]

I thought you just mistakenly called New Orleans the Hornets, as many analysts will be doing next year I'm sure. As someone else says Charlotte don't become the Hornets until 2014-2015, and no one is calling them the hornets yet. Chill man, it was just a misunderstanding. :cool:

• Advertisement

This could get ugly.....

The Biogenesis Lab involved in the baseball scandal reportedly had over 100 (!) NBA players as "customers" over the last few years. That's about a quarter to a third of the league!

The NBA has pretty lenient drug and PED policies to put it mildly. My inner sports scientist has always been somewhat skeptical, and I think it would be very naive to think no-one in the NBA is using.

Unfortunately I think NBA management have zero interest in pursuing this beyond tokenism and PR moves.

Thought folks?

@ Dublin Red Devils....told ya! Feel the wrath of the boards.ie John Wall Fan Club! :)

I feel your pain bro!

Suns and Pacers trying to finalise deal to send Luis Scola to Indy for Gerald Green + pics. Great deal for Indy if they can make this happen.

You have to think they have Miami in mind with that move.

Suns and Pacers trying to finalise deal to send Luis Scola to Indy for Gerald Green + pics. Great deal for Indy if they can make this happen.

You have to think they have Miami in mind with that move.

According to Scola's publicist the deal is done. Its a great addition to the Pacers

We've done great business this off season. Re-signing West, Getting Copeland and now Scola. Sol Hill looking nice in Summer league. We are definitely a team on the rise

One order of business left is what to do with Danny Granger.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

There's a middle ground in regards to Wall that many people here don't stand on. I really like Wall, and there is little doubt his return last season after the Wizards were like 5-26 without him and the numbers he put up was sensational. In saying that, he needs to do that over the course of an entire season and then some.

He has the potential to be one of the very best PG's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

There's a middle ground in regards to Wall that many people here don't stand on. I really like Wall, and there is little doubt his return last season after the Wizards were like 5-26 without him and the numbers he put up was sensational. In saying that, he needs to do that over the course of an entire season and then some.

This.

Now let there be no further mention of him until October </wishful thinking>

This. Wall is far from the finished article, but when he returned from injury he showed what I and others thought he could do when he was initially drafted no. 1. He still has issues with his shot and on the defensive end to sort out.But if hecan perform like he did in the 2nd half of last season this season, then I really think the wizards are a dark horse playoff team. I stick up for him on here though because I think some of the comments about him have been insulting to him and his talent. People forget how young wall is,( he's 22) Damian lillard is 23 and has just had a great 1st NBA season. Wall is still growing as a player, but is well on the way to being an elite point guard imo.

The Indiana Pacers have bolstered their front-line depth with the acquisition of Luis Scola from the Phoenix Suns.

The Pacers sent forward Gerald Green, center Miles Plumlee and a lottery-protected first-round draft pick to the rebuilding Suns.

The Pistons and Bucks are nearing an agreement that would send Brandon Jennings to Detroit in a sign-and-trade, according to multiple reports.

In the deal, Jennings, a restricted free agent, would be receiving a three-year, $24 million contract with the Pistons.

• Advertisement

The Pistons and Bucks are nearing an agreement that would send Brandon Jennings to Detroit in a sign-and-trade, according to multiple reports.

In the deal, Jennings, a restricted free agent, would be receiving a three-year, $24 million contract with the Pistons.

I tipped Detroit to make the playoffs before this. But Jennings makes their case stronger again,

That's a Playoff Team

4260.png&w=350&h=2546585.png&w=350&h=2542411.png&w=350&h=254

3235.png&w=350&h=2543997.png&w=350&h=254

Advertisement