Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Offseason Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Woj just said the Warriors haven't been ruled out, with Iguodala being used as possible bait...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Iguadola going to the Warriors. Biedrins, Richard Jefferson, Brandon Rush and a 2014 first round pick to Utah to free up salary space.

I am pretty excited about this, they really didn't have to give much up for Iggy and they have made the team better in one swoop. They obviously won't be able to resign jack and Landry but I think this is a major step forward. I think there could be some trouble in signing there no 1 pick this year also unless he stays in Europe for a year but that isn't a major concern now.

Could there be one more twist in the tale, sign and trade with Lakers, maybe Bogut and Thompson going the other way.
    Exciting times.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Cuban effectively dismantled a championship winning team for nothing now. Christ.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Cuban effectively dismantled a championship winning team for nothing now. Christ.

His own doing, there were never any indications until last week (two years after he'd begun dismantling them) that Dwight was even close to being interested in them. It was all in Cuban's head.

leggo wrote: »
    His own doing, there were never any indications until last week (two years after he'd begun dismantling them) that Dwight was even close to being interested in them. It was all in Cuban's head.

Yeah I know that man. Just a bit surreal looking back to a little over two years ago to this point even if it was on the cards Dwight wasn't interested.

• Advertisement

I know, it's shocking form. I really liked watching that Mavs setup too. Both tough to beat yet exciting when they were rolling. Still can't master the Dirk fadeaway shot when I'm practising after all this time.

On a similar note, if Bogut and Thompson do go to the Lakers, I'll feel a little sad as it had just become really fun watching that whole Curry-Bogut dynamic click. Of course it'll be an infinitely better move for the franchise giving them Championship credentials, but still... :(

"BREAKING: USA Today's @sam_amick is reporting Dwight Howard has agreed to join Houston Rockets."
    - @SportsCenter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Howard signing for the Rockets (Sam Amick/USA Today via Twitter)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Woj saying Dwights agent has said he hasn't committed to anything just yet... surely it'll be confirmed in the next hour or so

Asik has no interest in backing up or playing with Dwight sources say. Inevitable trade on the horizon so.

• Advertisement

Seems like the Bulls are the favourites. As if Miami didn't have enough of a reason to be looking over their shoulders...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Seems like the Bulls are the favourites. As if Miami didn't have enough of a reason to be looking over their shoulders...

Bulls can't afford to take Asik back on the money he's on now.Rumour is Asik and Lin to Atlanta with Josh Smith going to Houston.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Right decision I think. To stay in LA would've been the worst choice, because it clearly would've been for marketing/money reasons, this seems to be mainly for basketball reasons.

Nice work by Daryl Morey, got James Harden and Dwight Howard in the space of 12 months. I remember listening to him a year or two ago, on the BS Report I think, saying how they were trying to build a contender without tanking/sucking, and I didn't think he could, but looks like he's pulled it off.

padraig_f wrote: »
    Right decision I think. To stay in LA would've been the worst choice, because it clearly would've been for marketing/money reasons, this seems to be mainly for basketball reasons.

Nice work by Daryl Morey, got James Harden and Dwight Howard in the space of 12 months. I remember listening to him a year or two ago, on the BS Report I think, saying how they were trying to build a contender without tanking/sucking, and I didn't think he could, but looks like he's pulled it off.

To be fair, he's gotten a great deal of luck with both trades. If it wasn't for OKC's absolute stupidity and Howard absolutely sucking for the Lakers, they're the Mavs right now (minus the recent ring).

That said, he stuck to his guns and took opportunity when it knocked, so he deserves credit for that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Howard to Houston Official

Apparently there trying to do a sign and trade for josh smith as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

To be fair, he's gotten a great deal of luck with both trades. If it wasn't for OKC's absolute stupidity and Howard absolutely sucking for the Lakers, they're the Mavs right now (minus the recent ring).

That said, he stuck to his guns and took opportunity when it knocked, so he deserves credit for that.

Oh yeah, for sure they got lucky with OKC looking to trade Harden. If they don't get Harden, they don't get Howard either. Still nice to know you can get there without necessarily having to tank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Howard to Houston Official

Not official yet, though its only a matter of time. Houston are pushing hard to get Josh Smith, with Asik and Lin reported to be going the other way in a sign and trade. If the rockets land smith as well then they will be the most feared team in the west, along with OKC, exiting times in Houston

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

It's official now http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rl6tmt

He's getting some amount of hate. Respect for not being all about the money, cant be easy leaving 30million.

He was going nowhere with LA though.

• Advertisement

Kobe unfollowed Dwight on Twitter lol hardcore shit

kobe_dunks_over_dwight_howard.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

It's official now http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rl6tmt

He's getting some amount of hate. Respect for not being all about the money, cant be easy leaving 30million.

He was going nowhere with LA though.

Agree him and LA weren't a match but when you take cost of living and tax differentials into account the difference in hard cash isn't as much as it seems. It's a key reason why Houston was a contender in this race.

I wonder what Houston will do at PG if Lin is part of a trade for Smith. Arron Brooks is not on that level, Isaiah Canaan has just been drafted so I'm think surely they will have to move some other pieces around to sort out a PG on this new team

The Lakers are really fcked now.

Talk about your Nursing Home team

C Gasol 32

PF Jamison 37

SF Artest 33

SG Bryant 34 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkDtS16Ltx2dQxxVmToT8LT2Iw9OsKeEF78rZ9Y9jkN2E-0PzL-A

PG Nash 39

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The Lakers are really fcked now.

Talk about your Nursing Home team

C Gasol 32

PF Jamison 37

SF Artest 33

SG Bryant 34 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkDtS16Ltx2dQxxVmToT8LT2Iw9OsKeEF78rZ9Y9jkN2E-0PzL-A

PG Nash 39
    Yeah, but ONLY Nash is contracted after next year. All the focus has been on Boston tanking....the Lakers might just do the same now and simultaneously go after LeBron or Melo or AN Other in next year's free agency merry go round.

There has probably never been another point in history where both Celtics and Lakers have been in such dire straights

Yeah, but ONLY Nash is contracted after next year. All the focus has been on Boston tanking....the Lakers might just do the same now and simultaneously go after LeBron or Melo or AN Other in next year's free agency merry go round.

The Celtics and Lakers rivalry will continue so :o

Jodie Meeks posted this picture on his instagram. Kind of immature but funny.
    I’m really disappointed … The first thing that Dwight Howard did after signing his contract with Houston, it’s unfollow the lakers accounts on social networks #lakers #losangeles

Screen_Shot_2013_07_06_at_9_07_34_AM.png

Apparently it's fake. Meeks said he isn't on Instagram.

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Apparently it's fake. Meeks said he isn't on Instagram.

Ah. Some people are desperate.

Advertisement