Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society Outing - The Heritage Golf Club 13.30 Tee Off 20/07/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Lads, I'm out on this one too unfortunately. Need to head down south.

Probably for the best anyway, myself and my golf clubs are fighting at the moment and don't think I would last 9 holes without doing a Keano! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

blockic wrote: »
    don't think I would last 9 holes without doing a Keano! :pac:

Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

lads, bit late I know, but can I get involved?

wife away with two kids.....problem is that I have no transport. I live in Dublin 3, so could petrol share with someone coming down....

I play badly off 12

• Registered Users Posts: 20,905 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lads this will be a late call for me . Struggling to shake an injury.
    Will probably limp around. Wont be up to much on scoring front. But once i make it ill be happy enough. Physio in am.

The aging process.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

wife away with two kids.....problem is that I have no transport. I live in Dublin 3, so could petrol share with someone coming down....

I play badly off 12

Of course, the more the merrier but please have a read of the society rules thread. Its costs a bit more for non members. Am not near a computer now but I'll send you on the link when I get to the laptop.

• Advertisement

Lads this will be a late call for me . Struggling to shake an injury.
    Will probably limp around. Wont be up to much on scoring front. But once i make it ill be happy enough. Physio in am.

The aging process.

If that isn't 41 points, then I dont know what is!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

blockic wrote: »
    Lads, I'm out on this one too unfortunately. Need to head down south.

Probably for the best anyway, myself and my golf clubs are fighting at the moment and don't think I would last 9 holes without doing a Keano! :pac:
    That's harsh...but so damn true :D

Fixed, if you are hurt why not get a buggy?

That's harsh...but so damn true :D

Fixed, if you are hurt why not get a buggy?

I don't mind driving it for him, just to help him out!!!!!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

I play badly off 12

And I'm out! Family issues......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,905 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I don't mind driving it for him, just to help him out!!!!!!:P

Did think of it. But if i need a buggy i cant transfer my considerable weight. So cart before the horse. Will see, but just man up.

Still a few days . But thanks for offer ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Whether you are going or not we would encourage that everyone who is signed up to the Teamer notifications reply to them.

This enables us to plan events better and also shows us if you are still interested, at the end of the year if you have not come to any events and have not replied then we will be taking you off the list.

For this event there are:
    • 21 accepted
    • 23 declined
    • 54 no response

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

I'm not going to know until Saturday whether I can make it. All depends on how I'm going in the Captains Prize in Ballykisteen.

ballyk wrote: »
    I'm not going to know until Saturday whether I can make it. All depends on how I'm going in the Captains Prize in Ballykisteen.

Surely you will win that J ;)

ssbob wrote: »
    Surely you will win that J ;)

I doubt it. Best I've ever managed was 4th in it and my form has gone downhill in the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Played the course the weekend, some track.

Greens and fairways are in great condition, best course I've played without a doubt.

Lucky sods.

ballyk wrote: »
    I doubt it. Best I've ever managed was 4th in it and my form has gone downhill in the last few weeks.

yeah yeah, we know what you're like, lull us into a false sense of security and then BANG - you blow us all off the course with a good score!!

We're on to you ya know!!!!:p:D

charlieIRL wrote: »
    yeah yeah, we know what you're like, lull us into a false sense of security and then BANG - you blow us all off the course with a good score!!

We're on to you ya know!!!!:p:D

Himself and FDP are trying the same strategy!

Not too many like me who go out there expecting to win and then win to boot!

Btw, Back playing off 3(2.5) now I am the man to beat for the Heritage! You better have all your A-games brought with you, b!tches!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Himself and FDP are trying the same strategy!

Not too many like me who go out there expecting to win and then win to boot!

Btw, Back playing off 3(2.5) now I am the man to beat for the Heritage! You better have all your A-games brought with you, b!tches!

Im all over it this time.. Dunmurry didnt suit me and my inner fair weather golfer.

You better watch your clubs as there could be an accident beforehand;)

Anyway to make it interesting you should disqualify yourself from this event just to allow the pack to bunch up a bit!!:D

You better watch your clubs as there could be an accident beforehand;)

Anyway to make it interesting you should disqualify yourself from this event just to allow the pack to bunch up a bit!!:D

That's what I'll probably be doing and I'm only in 2nd place so Ricky should definitely do so! :D

• Advertisement

Have a pdf strokesaver too(Courtesy of @alxmorgan) if anyone wants it just pm me your e-mail address.

Have a pdf strokesaver too(Courtesy of @alxmorgan) if anyone wants it just pm me your e-mail address.

That reminds me i have one at home as well, must dig it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

Lads anyone heading from the city centre with room in the car. No lift for this one and would love to play in it. Will pay for the petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,216 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Sure why don't you just go ahead and give it to everyone... Now I'll definitely won't win it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

kiers47 wrote: »
    Im all over it this time.. Dunmurry didnt suit me and my inner fair weather golfer.

Hope the weather changes, blows hard with heavy rain in patches. :)

Can't deal with the heat, went through 3 1/2 litres of water during a round last weekend. That's my excuse out of the way anyway!

I hereby submit that I am not going to even remotely feature anywhere near the prizes on saturday - played 8 holes this evening in athlone and lost FOUR golf balls.

I'll still show up though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

I hereby submit that I am not going to even remotely feature anywhere near the prizes on saturday - played 8 holes this evening in athlone and lost FOUR golf balls.

I'll still show up though :D

That's it Ricky, bet you did that on purpose so you could practise that razor sharp short game.

I can predict now that I also won't be featuring on Sat but I am going to birdie the 18th:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Hi Guys

I am going to try and make this one, if there are any spots left?

J

• Advertisement

Hi Guys

I am going to try and make this one, if there are any spots left?

J

Of course there are spots left for our title sponsor;) I have changed your acceptance on Teamer aswell.

Your surely playing off single digits by now:P

Advertisement