Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society Outing - The Heritage Golf Club 13.30 Tee Off 20/07/13

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Ben you'll be in single digits soon ;)

Sounds good, and I left alot out there. Need a couple of chipping and pitching lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

3putt wrote: »
    You won it Ben(34) , pistol Pete (33)second on count back and fixdepitchmark (33) 3rd.

new *leaders* in the Golfer Of The Year so! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Ben1977 wrote: »
    Sounds good, and I left alot out there. Need a couple of chipping and pitching lessons.

Dont start about leaving stuff out there ,

Had 6 birdie attempts and did not get one !

I could not get a hold of the greens , expected them to be a lot quicker than they were but they were in great nick ,

A big mention has to go to lads that made the effort all the way from Cork , A late night for them and it shows an awful lot of commitment , I tip my hat to you lads

Myself Keith and Mark had great crack on the way around and I really enjoyed the day out ,

Onward and upwards I say !

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

Thanks to the organisers for the day. Weather was unbelievable. I'm just home and in bits after playing over 30 holes of golf in the one day -not cut out for that! Played well on the front 9 with 18 points but exhaustion got the better of me on the back 9 and only had 11.

Cheers to The Big Easy and Kiers47 for an enjoyable round. Congratulations to the winners and especially to Ben1977. 2 wins in a row is a great achievement.

Stood on the 18th and realised i'd the same ball since the 1st. Last though in my head was don't put it in the water, the queue the big slice. Managed to finish the hole with the same ball!

Many thanks to my playing partners today, Anatom and StevieOB. Many thanks to the committee for all their hard work. Really enjoyed today, anything beats the 4 seasons the last time were in the heritage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

A great day out! My thanks to playing partners Ben1977 and StevieOB for the excellent company and the lessons in driving. Stevie can hit incredible strikes from the fairway bunkers, while Ben showed why he won the competition with some brilliant driving and iron play. I was just delighted to have 18 points on the first nine (I've often finished with that number!!) but should have done a lot better on the second.

Even so, I was delighted to win the "guest" prize, so thanks for that too...

Big thanks finally to the committee for their work in the organisation of the day etc. Very well done again!

See you next time!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Stood on the 18th and realised i'd the same ball since the 1st. Last though in my head was don't put it in the water, the queue the big slice. Managed to finish the hole with the same ball!

Many thanks to my playing partners today, Anatom and StevieOB. Many thanks to the committee for all their hard work. Really enjoyed today, anything beats the 4 seasons the last time were in the heritage.

It was as well I found that ball on 18 for you Ben, he did his best to loose it in the long stuff! Well played and congrats to both my playing partners on their victories and great solid golf.

I am going to give you all a valuable lesson in boards golf outings.....

If you want to win........... play with me :eek:

three times now I've made it out with you guys, and three times I've played with the winner.

Will I keep my 100% record in tact next outing in Tulfarris? I hope so, except I hope to be the one winning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

Great day, great course and all round an enjoyable day. Shot of the day to pistolpete on the last to set up a long birdie chance but ended up securing the par for 2nd spot.

Only downside was the bunkers and the amount of times I had to visit them. Also pity there was no half way refreshments as on a day like we had they could have sold a mountain of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Did my 49 inches hold up for closest to the pin?

If so I do apologise, tried to hit a punchy 9 under the wind and caught it a little thin but got the nicest bounce. Not the prettiest shot, better to be lucky than good !!!

J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

If so I do apologise, tried to hit a punchy 9 under the wind and caught it a little thin but got the nicest bounce. Not the prettiest shot, better to be lucky than good !!!

J

I believe you were the winner as it appears from the sheet that hitting the green was a problem for most

• Advertisement

What was the longest drive out of interest? Though it was a hard fairway to hit, it being uphill and into the breeze.

J

Hi J, you left out the vital info! Did you sink the putt?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Hi J, you left out the vital info! Did you sink the putt?

Yes

But it did not stay in the hole :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Sorry all for keeping you in suspense:
    • First Prize with 34 points was Ben1977
    • Second Prize with 33points was PistolPete11(Got second on the countback with a par on the last)
    • Third Prize with 33points was Fixdepitchmark
    • Longest Drive went to Kiers47
    • Nearest the pin went to GolfGraffix
    • Guest Prize went to Anatom with a solid 32points
    I myself finished with 27points and 7scratches:eek:, the rough was the death of me all day!

Thanks to Finnatron for the excellent company and great golf, I am not thanking Keano as he was like a child throwing the toys out of the pram:D was a struggle to keep him on the course:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

ssbob wrote: »
    I am not thanking Keano as he was like a child throwing the toys out of the pram:D was a struggle to keep him on the course:D

Now that's my kind of style! :D

Congrats lads sounds like it was a great day.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

blockic wrote: »
    Now that's my kind of style! :D

Congrats lads sounds like it was a great day.
    Tbh I wouldn't play golf with myself these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

What was the longest drive out of interest? Though it was a hard fairway to hit, it being uphill and into the breeze.

I didn't really measure it but I had 190 left to the front according to the sprinkler head a yard in front of me. We were guessing it was around 280.

kiers47 wrote: »
    I didn't really measure it but I had 190 left to the front according to the sprinkler head a yard in front of me. We were guessing it was around 280.

Great strike

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭finatron

Thanks to Finnatron for the excellent company and great golf, I am not thanking Keano as he was like a child throwing the toys out of the pram:D was a struggle to keep him on the course:D[/quote]

Cheers boss
    Great day out my conservative game plan worked well but my putting let me down left too many par chances behind me

That drive you hit on the 18th to leave you 6 foot from pin was incredible :-)

Thanks to Keano for the invite

So using a complex formula and not having all the cards on my desk, I have a rough estimation of the new top 3 in the GOTY race:
    1. Ben1977
    2. Ballyk
    3. Rickylovesyouall
    I reckon Ballyk might have just sneaked past Ricky but both are now 100pts behind our new leader.

Still a lot of golf to be played though.

CharlieIRL will update and post up Top-10 tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Also forgot to mention that the 2's pot was taken out by Ben1977 aswell with a chip-in on the 15th, this guy has all the luck...........

Total Pot was €34 from the Heritage and €26 carried over from Dunmurry so a fine total of €60.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

hes certainly making use of all the home course advantage he's got going on :)

ssbob wrote: »
    Also forgot to mention that the 2's pot was taken out by Ben1977 aswell with a chip-in on the 15th, this guy has all the luck...........

Total Pot was €34 from the Heritage and €26 carried over from Dunmurry so a fine total of €60.

This will come in handy, just don't tell the boss!

Luck would be a kick left on the 8th fairway instead of right!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,905 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

kiers47 wrote: »

Nice shot kiers - did you go for it in two?

Tough fairway to hold - well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Nice shot kiers - did you go for it in two?

Tough fairway to hold - well done.

Made a mess of the hole after the drive. Went for it in 2 alright but Blocked my second right to the lay up area. Then proceeded to put my chip into the bank (being greedy with the tight pin) and rolled back into the stream. 7 was te number in the end. :-/

Advertisement