Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aspergers Diagnosis for Toddler

Options
  • 22-06-2013 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hey all,

I was just wondering are there many other parents here whose toddlers have been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome? My son is 32 months old, he was born at 31 weeks and has had a tough old time of it, but is now a happy (albeit quirky) little guy. We have been going to physiotherapy with him for over a year and he is still not walking unassisted, so we went to Enable for assessment and the other day their pediatrician told me she is suspecting Aspergers as the only condition in her opinion that accounts for everything.

I'm a little shocked to be honest, mostly because he is so young. I feel lucky in one sense as I know he does need help and it would be a great thing for him to get the help he does need now while he's young and not end up waiting years like so many kids in the educational system.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

Hey Eff - it's always tough to get news like that.

Obviously you've not got a proper diagnosis yet, so try not to worry before you know anything for definite. I've some professional experience of toddlers with autism spectrum disorders, so if you've any questions feel free.

Advertisement