Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox vs Playstation

• 22-06-2013 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I will be using either console for games such as The Sims, Grand Theft Auto etc. I wont be playing online much, So which console would you recommend, Xbox or Playstation?:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

I call it the PC, its cheaper and far better bang for buck. (Really who the **** plays the sims on a console?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Nandolicious

The Sims is class on console.

Never mind the game, all I'm asking is "Xbox or Playstation"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

The Sims is class on console.

Never mind the game, all I'm asking is "Xbox or Playstation"

At this stage does it really matter.
    Hardware wise there very similar taking blue ray out of the equation and new exclusives at this stage in there life cycle will be thin on the ground.
    Just buy whatever you get a better deal on or whatever your friends have.
    One thing to note is the xbox controller is far superior to the ps3 one if you often find your hands cramping on the dualshock.

Hopefully dualshock 4 is better

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Nandolicious

I'm more used to the xbox controller than I am to the playstation controller at this stage anyway so I think I might go for xbox
    Thanks for the help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

Well are you talking PS3 or 360, or PS4 and One?

I'll assume the former. Both consoles will do what you want and play GTA and Sims handy enough, but if you're a casual player that wouldn't buy many games I would thoroughly really recommend PS+. You get a year jammed full of free games for €50 and it's a fantastic deal -it's honestly crazy good value and you should check out what we got this month alone! You're guaranteed to get some titles you really like.

I think if you went with the PS3 you could also get the 3 Uncharted's for cheap enough and The Last of Us. All highly rated and very much worth the praise!

I think that'd cover all the bases for you as a causal player tbh.

Both systems would be similar in price if you get the base model PS3 but you'd have to get a decent sized HDD because PS+ fills them to the brim. Not to worry though as they are not very expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Moved from Playstation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Go for the PlayStation, purely because a PS+ account will set you up for free games for the foreseeable future so you might find something else you like without needing to spend money.

Advertisement