Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop repair on a Sunday?

Options
  • 22-06-2013 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knows of a decent place to get a laptop fixed on a Sunday?

I connected mine to my tv for the first time with a hdmi cable and it instantly shut down and won't turn back on.

I had been working on a job application all day and the deadline is Monday so freaking out a little bit now!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

rere wrote: »
    Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knows of a decent place to get a laptop fixed on a Sunday?

I connected mine to my tv for the first time with a hdmi cable and it instantly shut down and won't turn back on.

I had been working on a job application all day and the deadline is Monday so freaking out a little bit now!

Not sure where to get it repaired but this is worth trying. Remove the battery from the laptop. Then press the power button and hold down for 20 seconds (with battery and charger cable removed). Now do not insert the battery but instead plug the charging cable in, then press the on button. Does the laptop turn on then? It's rare for a laptop to fail so abruptly but obviously these things can happen...

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Where are you based? Click http://www.click.ie/storelocatornavan are open on Sundays. Never used them myself, but heard good things.

Also, PC World or Maplin might be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭rere

The power light flicked on for half a second but that was it.
    Thanks anyway though.

I'm in Dublin, so Navan might not be too far away for it.

Advertisement