Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems setting up an ICS from my laptop to xbox

Options
  • 22-06-2013 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

Hay guys,

I basically need help with changing my laptop into a wireless adapter for my xbox. I've watched countless videos and they all show the same thing. They tell me to tick a box stating that "Allow other network users to connect to the internet using this network", That's all grand but it still fails to connect to xbox live.
    I know it can't be my broadband because if i hook my xbox directly into the router it connects fine. Does this mean there is something on my computer preventing it from connecting?? I'd really appreciate some help with this matter as i'm not the most in tune with computers.
    Cheers Gary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Try the following:

1. Plug in your console and allow it to acquire an ip address.
    2. click on the Windows button and type "network and sharing center" and enter
    3. on the left right under manage wireless networks, should say change adapter settings click that
    4. right click local area connection and disable it.
    5. right click local area connection and click properties.
    6. there should be a tab that says sharing go to that tab.
    7. there is a box that says allow other network users to connect through this computers internet connection. uncheck it if it is checked.
    8.hit ok then right click local area connection and enable it.
    9 now select both your wireless network connection and the local area connection and right click and it should have the option to bridge connections. when you click bridge it will do its thing and should work when its done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭BittaTrig

Thanks man! , but i'm still getting an error when i try to bridge the two connections saying "to create a network bridge, you must select at least two LAN or high-speed internet connections that are not being used by internet connection sharing" What do i do in that case?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

You can try turning off ICS as it appears to be set on the laptop. If you have just one lan and a wireless adapter on your laptop you cannot have both ICS and bridging on the same adapters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭BittaTrig

Ok i think i get what you mean, so i would use a bridge instead of an ICS? Grand thanks a million bud

Advertisement