Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

close programs to prevent information loss

Options
  • 23-06-2013 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭

I'm getting the above error for the past 2 days and I have no idea why. All I have been doing is playing Dragon Age: Origins (steam version) and google chrome, Ive been doing both of these and more for weeks. Chrome decides to just crash while on start up DA will give me the error.

Nothing has been installed but something may have updated. The PC is recognising 4GB of RAM and nothing appears to be memory leaking. It has mentioned about changing the page size but I have heard this may slow down the computer and I dont see why this would be needed seeing as it was working fine earlier in the week.

I tried freeing some room on my hard drive because there was very little left but no change. Only thing left that I can think of is taking out the RAM and putting it back in again. So does anyone have an idea of how to fix this? When searching online all I can find is change page size or the person had too little RAM.

PC is Win7 64bit, i3 2100, 4GB RAM, Radeon 5770

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Right click on the windows bar at the bottom of the screen and open up Task Manager. You can arrange the processes according to how much memory they are using. Should give you some idea of what is happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I tried that and it wasnt telling me much, I couldnt see anything wrong with the numbers. It fixed itself 3-4 days after it started and it hasnt cause me any problems since.

Dont know why this stuff always happens to me, stuff wont work and then suddenly does.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I would check the hard disk for issues, could be failing

Nick

Advertisement