Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Ink slip on screen attachment for laptop?

Options
  • 23-06-2013 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone know of anything available that would enable you to slip on an e-ink display over your current laptop display, plug it into the video out port to get the content of the laptop displaying on it so you can use the laptop out in the sun etc? Would be pretty cool if so, I see e-ink tablets are going pretty cheap in argos from bargain alerts so they must be cheap enough to manufacture? I know you mightn't have much luck playing games or watching youtube, but it might be ok for general work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,313 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

While interesting, no such device exists.

And no I don't think you can patent something which is based directly upon the patents of someone else, but IANAL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Overheal wrote: »
    While interesting, no such device exists.

And no I don't think you can patent something which is based directly upon the patents of someone else, but IANAL

IANAL ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭mcw92

IANAL : I am not a lawyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

he likes bottom sex

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It's an interesting idea. There has been a few moves towards a single screen that combines both e-ink and LCD technologies to get the best of both worlds. The Yota Phone is one recent example. A couple of years ago Pixel Qi screens were going to be "the next big thing", but sadly they only seem to have made it into niche products.

• Advertisement
Advertisement