Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possible delays & seating questions! Please help...

• 23-06-2013 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,

I'm starting a new job in Booterstown tomorrow, we're moving from Fermanagh to Clane today. Had to leave it until this weekend to start looking into transport & even moving properly as my sister got married last week and things have just been SO hectic!

I'm planning on driving to Maynooth and getting the train at 7.30 changing at Pearse to a DART to Booterstown which the Irish Ril website says will arrive at 8.42. I'm not atall familiar with the the train service in Dublin so just wondered what the possibility woud be of delays? Given that I'm only starting tomorrow I really dont want to be late so just wondering if I should go for the 7.15 one instead? The problem with the 7.15 one is that I will have to get off at Connolly and change platforms and I really don't want to get into that on the first day (I've literally never set foot in either connolly or pearse st stations!)

To make matters worse I fell down the stairs on Wednesday and have a sprained ankle so I really need a seat, will there be much seating on these trains?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Changing platforms in connolly is relatively easy, as a dart is usually waiting for your train. You should get a seat no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

twiggy86 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm starting a new job in Booterstown tomorrow, we're moving from Fermanagh to Clane today. Had to leave it until this weekend to start looking into transport & even moving properly as my sister got married last week and things have just been SO hectic!

I'm planning on driving to Maynooth and getting the train at 7.30 changing at Pearse to a DART to Booterstown which the Irish Ril website says will arrive at 8.42. I'm not atall familiar with the the train service in Dublin so just wondered what the possibility woud be of delays? Given that I'm only starting tomorrow I really dont want to be late so just wondering if I should go for the 7.15 one instead? The problem with the 7.15 one is that I will have to get off at Connolly and change platforms and I really don't want to get into that on the first day (I've literally never set foot in either connolly or pearse st stations!)

To make matters worse I fell down the stairs on Wednesday and have a sprained ankle so I really need a seat, will there be much seating on these trains?

Thanks in advance for any replies

You'll get a seat no problem from Maynooth. I work in the city centre and I get the 8.10 Sligo train each day with a change in Pearse to get the dart. I'd go with the 7.15 for day 1 better to be too early than too late! Changing platforms in Connolly will take about 3 minutes.... Follow the crowd! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Changing platforms in connolly is relatively easy, as a dart is usually waiting for your train. You should get a seat no problem.

Going Northbound that's never the case. Always have to run for it, and at least twice a week the train won't wait. Going southbound doesn't seem as bad though.

Advertisement