Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newly acquired turtles, advice needed

Options
  • 23-06-2013 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi all, looking for some practical advice, I was given 3 turtles a few days ago, they're quite big and I don't have a tank big enough for them, I was wondering if I could build a pond and have them live outdoors or is that totally impracticable? I did have tortoises for years but have no experience of turtles. Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can give me :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I don't think they would handle our winter so well.
    You would have to have a pretty large tank for winter with the same type of UVB lamp used for Tortoises.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

Thanks, thats what I thought, I'm at a loss as to what to do with them, I'm looking to rehome them if anyone is interested and has experience with them, all 3 of them are sliders, 1 red and 2 yellow bellies..

What kind of setup are they in at the moment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

Hi Tallus, They've gone now, hubby was talking to a girl in Maxi-Zoo and she took all 3 of them, She's a big turtle fan and has the right setup for them so I'm delighted they've gone to someone who knows the husbandry required. :)

That's good news. A happy ending :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement