Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper trip to France via UK

Options
  • 23-06-2013 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I am heading to France via the UK. I am travelling Dublin to Holyhead and on to Dover. I am travelling with children and will be breaking the journey with an overnight, planning to sail from Dover to Calais around 12 midday. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could break my journey without going too far out of the way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

You might be as well getting south of London before you park up. Its a few years since did it (from Fishguard) but there is a big "staging post" type motorway stop in Kent, or if you go all the way to Dover there's a big carpark in the middle of the town, near enough the ferries. We stayed there in a caravan. Not v glam but it takes the pressure off for the day after (jump on an earlier ferry). I wouldnt be leaving myself too much to do on the morning of the ferry.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jansperson

I'm planning to travel by campervan too in the mid July.But my itinerary is slightly different:
    Rosslare-Cherbourg-Bilbao(Spain)
    Does anybody recommend to me nice places en route?
    I like history,scenic town/villages and gourmet places....
    Give me some ideas.

Advertisement