Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The moy stretches

Options
  • 23-06-2013 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Prob a silly thread but thought id start it anyway and i think there would be a few on here thinking the same if they were ever in this situation.

Have always wondered what would be the going rate if you were to be looking at buying one of the stretches on the moy. Ive always said it that if i ever win the lotto or even the euro millions then the first thing ill be doing would b eto find the owners of a good stretch of the moy and buy it. Its always been my dream to build a house right on the banks of the moy. At the moment it would be just a pipe dream because i would never have such money but its good to dream they say, keeps us sane :p

One thing i would do if i did own one of the stretches would be have an open day twice a year for anyone who has a state license can fish for free so that anyone who cant really afford to fish it gets a chance. Catch and release thou because i would say it would be quite busy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 louthyman

I remember reading in a fishing mag/paper around 20 years ago and think one part of it changed hands for 80-100k and the same part of the moy then changed hands for over 1 mill during the boom years. What part this is i couldn't tell you but i remember reading the article. At a guess if you had the money you'd prob get it for a few hundred grand.

Advertisement